Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnefree

after accutane??? (advice needed)

Ok so it's been about 8 months wince I stopped taking accutane, and I still need to use lip balm at night every night. My lips are still pretty sensitive to the sun and in another 6 months I'm going to be on a holiday in the mediterranian and I wanna know if they will be either back to normal by then or what I can do to protect them in the sun!

Also sometimes if I drink lots of beer, the next day I am hungover really bad and my lips turn a dark red colour. Whereas if I drink beer out of bottles and shots I'm usually ok except for a slight hangover. Can anyone tell me why this happens?

That's odd because all the side-effects should've been gone by the 2nd month from what I hear. The chapped lips could just be in your genes(maybe your mom or dad has it), because I got it from my dad, and my lips have been chapped all the time, even before I started accutane. So I'm used to my lips being chapped just not to this magnitude, and I'm use to using chapstick like a million times a day.

not to be rude or anything - I appreciate the help, but I'm not THAT stupid as to have chapped lips before accutane and wonder why I have them after accutane...Geeze

So anyways I still need help! Someone must know what I mean!

Hi acnefree, I can't tell you where else to look, sorry. I just wanted you to see that the side effects of that drug can last for many years, not a few months like people say, Im not sure if you read the guest book on that site, but your side effect is quite common. You could email your question to them and im sure you'd get some answers. Good Luck.

Who knows mine didn't come out till like 3 years ago. n00b. And most of the people on that guest log are experiencing depression, probably because of all the years they lost due to acne. As for not being rude, then why did you elaborate? I was just trying to help.