Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mjr2020

Deep soft scars (aka superficial scarring) and rolling scars?

Im very confused as to the difference between deep soft scars and rolling scars are, or is it two names for one thing? Anyway i know i definitly suffer from several deep soft scars on my right cheek and i am wondering what the best treatment for them is, they are quite shallow and can be removed completely by simply stretching my skin a bit, perhaps a treatment that stretches the skin maybe? thanks.

These are the kind of scars I suffer from on my cheeks, very very shallow rolling scars and tons of soft scars. They're very shallow but give a gross rough appearance. They initially started out as scarred pores but they got bigger and bigger and then started joining eachother. Right now I'm attempting Retin-A again and might purchase a dermaroller soon.

These are soft scars

http://www.healthyskinbydesign.com/content...arring_fig1.jpg

And these waves on the skin are rolling scars

http://www.tamaramadden.com/Subcision/Before_N-Lite.jpg

Other things I might try - TCA CROSS, Saline injections, and Isolagen/Vavelta

These are the kind of scars I suffer from on my cheeks, very very shallow rolling scars and tons of soft scars. They're very shallow but give a gross rough appearance. They initially started out as scarred pores but they got bigger and bigger and then started joining eachother. Right now I'm attempting Retin-A again and might purchase a dermaroller soon.

These are soft scars

http://www.healthyskinbydesign.com/content...arring_fig1.jpg

And these waves on the skin are rolling scars

http://www.tamaramadden.com/Subcision/Before_N-Lite.jpg

Other things I might try - TCA CROSS, Saline injections, and Isolagen/Vavelta

bump, does anyone think a chemical peel might help seen as they are not very deep ? i have also established that i have only soft scars not rolling scars

Guest Timehealsall

how do you establish that you have these "soft" scars? Did you see a dermatologist? plastic surgeon?

Those links don't work.

Don't do tca on soft saucer scars. It won't work but it will make it worse and I don't even think dermabrasion will work either. Fillers work on the scars that go away when stretched that are saucers.

Edited by Anti - Em

Guest Timehealsall
Those links don't work.

Don't do tca on soft saucer scars. It won't work but it will make it worse and I don't even think dermabrasion will work either. Fillers work on the scars that go away when stretched that are saucers.

o wow nice.

thanks

Those links don't work.

Any alternatives beyond filters? Mirmar mentioned, that laser burns off skin or in terms of fraxel, it puts in damage deep beneath the skin, and in which case, you have slight damage which repairs to boost collagen. Its like, all these don't fix it but, do damage or think skin to make it look nicer. FML

What's so wrong with fillers? People are so against them. Anything you do will need to be repeated later anyway (generally) because you are always losing collagen.

If they work, I'm all for them bc I know nothing truly gets *rid* of scars.

What's so wrong with fillers? People are so against them. Anything you do will need to be repeated later anyway (generally) because you are always losing collagen.

I've found differin has helped me a ton but, walking past a tinted car window or a mirror under direct light, its very unflattering, and damaging to my self image. Sometimes, I just want to stay in bed, other times, I want to say, FUCK IT, and do whatever. Its an on going battle. Is your acne under control?

I've found differin has helped me a ton but, walking past a tinted car window or a mirror under direct light, its very unflattering, and damaging to my self image. Sometimes, I just want to stay in bed, other times, I want to say, FUCK IT, and do whatever. Its an on going battle. Is your acne under control?

I'm confused about this post...you never said why you are so against fillers.

My acne is under control. It was flaring up again after stopping the antiandrogen but I went back on and it's almost completely clear again. No one would look at me and say 'she has pimples' but 2 weeks ago they would've.

Guest Timehealsall

can saucer scars be completely removed? FML