Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marcnhl

Verilux lamp and BP...?

Hi guys,

I just received the Verilux lamp. Here's what written in the FAQ send in with the item:

"Should I stop using topical creams and prescription medication while using the Clearwave system?

Any topical creams or "cover-ups" that reduce the exposure of acne to the benefits of the blue and red wavelenghts of light will decrease the effectiveness of Cleawave. If you are using prescription medication to treat your acne, you should consult your derm. before using the unit."

Ive used BP for 3-4 months and it helps heal pimples but do not prevent it... Does the FAQ mean I shouldnt use the lamp and continue my bp usage?

Thank you

I use BP and blue/red light treatment together with no problems. I wash my face first, use the lamp, apply BP and then moisturize.

When Varilux say not to use other products, they mean things that will block the light (like concealer) or prescription drugs that photosensitize the skin (like Accutane). BP is OK though, as long as you use it after the treatment.

i think you will be fine using bp just wash you're face before using it, i think maybe then mean using the light after it is applied