Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i heard zinc acts pretty much like vitamin E which is good for exfoliation and ur pores. i dont think its gonna clear u up the way B5 would, but dont take 100 mg...high doses of vitamins can fuck u up.

Well on the back of the bottle it says as a dietary supplement take one capsul per day and its 100mg. What would they say take one per day if its bad for you? Damnit just spent 20 on that bottle haha are you guys SURE It will be bad? I'm also on B5.

Hmm...that's interesting. Cause I just picked up a bottle of 50mg zinc pills. So if 40mg is supposed to be the max we take per day then...!!! Anybody got an exacto knife??? #-o

::jokes::

I didn't like Zn when I was on it. I think it made me breakout more because I took it with Magnesium and B6 as a bodybuilding supplement called ZMA. It increases testosterone levels and I quit taking it recently to see if that was causing the problem. I will post an update in about 3 weeks to say if that was a problem.

I'm not an expert, I just read that the maximum SUSTAINED zinc intake is 40mg per day. That doesn't mean taking a 50 or 100 pill is unsafe. It helps to take a multivitamin too. Just don't do it for like a year or something crazy like that smile.gif

Zinc in amounts greater than 200 mg a day can cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Taking even 100 mg a day in supplement form over long periods can result in problems, including lowered levels of HDL ("good") cholesterol and diminished immune-system function.

An association between excessive zinc and Alzheimer's disease has been made but requires further investigation.

Absorption of copper may be compromised by long-term (a month or more) ingestion of zinc. So, as a precaution, supplement every 30 mg of zinc with 2 mg of copper.

Because zinc may decrease the absorption of the antibiotics tetracyline, doxycycline, and minocycline, making them less effective, take zinc at least two hours after the antibiotic.

The above information was taken from the website listed below.

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshelf/subs...10071%2C00.html

******: Are you taking it with or without food? I take a 50 mg in the morning with breakfast with no problems. Some people I know take their supplements before bed so any possible side effects are "slept off."