Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KryptoKnight

benzaclin REALLY drying my face out

when i put some benzaclin on my face after around ONLY 1min-2min my face is dry as HELL. it will go away a bit after i put the moisturizer, but it stings. i used to just use 2.5% otc benzp, think i should go back to that??

I was just recently put on Benzaclin, and I'm experiencing the same thing. My derm told me that it was pretty drying, so I'm not really complaining, although it certainly is an unpleasant experience. I use it PM only, and I use just a thin layer. I can't really give you much advice, but I just wanted to relate to your experience.

How long have you been on it?

just been on it for about 4 days, ive been using other bp's, nothing as drying as this. i use it twice a day, i think i should just use it at night though...

Give it time.. Eventually your skin wont become as dry anymore. I went from using it once a day to two times a day. I started differin at night for the redmarks and it hasn't been doing much but causing me to breakout. Anyone else have this experience?

since benzaclin is very stinging, drying and powerful, your dermatologist will probably tell you to apply it every other day when you notice extreme dryness or flaking skin.

Give it time.. Eventually your skin wont become as dry anymore.  I went from using it once a day to two times a day.  I started differin at night for the redmarks and it hasn't been doing much but causing me to breakout. Anyone else have this experience?

How long have you been using the Benzaclin and Differin? I ask because I've been using the D. and BC. for almost a month now and it has made me break out really bad until this point. It looks like it's starting to finally clear up. The breakout from the Differin was pretty damn bad, tons of whiteheads in all my problem areas but it looks like its starting to go away.

I have been using the benzaclin since december. It cleared me up pretty well... the differin has been about a week I would say.... I just dont want to start using something that would make me break out first b/c then i will have those red marks forever!!