Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mac101

I am sick and tired of my face and how everyone treats me differently because of it.

Well guys, I am a victim of pimples, obviously. And I've had it since I was 10, and I'm 14 now.

I know what you're instantly going to think, "Well, this could be puberty and your hormones acting up-" Wrong, if that was the situation, my whole school wouldn't be filled with kids my age with Celebrity-like clear skin. Sure, they get one pimple, once in a while and they somehow have powers to zap it away without any scaring or red marks.

Seriously, ever since I got it, people treat me different then back when I was in Elementary school. It's no smile and "You'll get through it!" for me, it's everyday some kid calling me "pimple-face," bullying me, or talk about to their friends of my condition.

And you'd be damn surprised over how many kids in this school told me to get Proactiv, I tried that crap, and it didn't work!

I have tried everything besides prescription. Clear & Clean, Clerasail, Neutrogena [yes, their creams and soap bars], Oxy, basically, I tried all the over-the-counter stuff, no go.

I've been trying to get to a dermatologist the past couple of weeks now, but no show, my insurance sucks and my mom say that they are expensive without it, and only very few people allow my insurance, and those people live way too far from me.

I am strongly to believe that is because of my genes because my parents and probably their family have acne too, and if it's any of importance, by how the way my mom told me her acne story, she cleared out of her pimples around the 10th grade, and now even better as a adult.

I Also need help for my acne scarring, because if you take away the acne, my face will still look bad from all the pimples, zits and other stuff I picked and messed with. Yea, I fiddle with my face a lot, only because I was young. Oh yea, I also have a Really greasy face

My acne is the reason of my depression and why I felt like my manhood got ripped into tiny bits and pieces, so please, people of acne.org, help me, I came here for the sole reason of me actually being accepted and not bullied around just because of my face. I want acne to be away from my face, for good! and to never come back again! I also want my acne scars to disappear somehow, pleeeease! :(

And if it helps, my face looks like this [to the left], even though this isn't me

http://www.filecram.com/files/699Acne.jpg

Hey Mac101

I'm a little older than you and I can agree that it really sucks to have acne at this age especially with the kind of people you've described at your school. The people at your school might have celebrity-type perfect skin, but here at acne.org all of us here have acne or had it at some point and can totally relate. :)

I guess what I say next might not be so comforting, but even though it sucks to have a face full of pimples, it is possible to have fun with acne. There is a girl in my grade who has pretty bad acne, but she's one of the most popular girls in our grade and she's always out there having fun. People who make fun of you and bully you just because of acne are idiots.

Also, don't give up trying! If your mom was able to get rid of her acne in 10th grade, that's probably an indicator that there's hope for you and you might be able to get rid of acne by the time you're 16 or 15. :D

About the acne scarring, there are lots of treatments for that. Once you get rid of your acne, I'm sure you will be able to find products that will improve the appearance of your scars. And since you're pretty young, many of the scars will probably look a lot better with time.

I have acne right now (just had a HUGE breakout a couple days ago). I know it sucks but I try, really try to just have a good time when I'm out, and keep on seeing what I can do to improve my skin (drinking more water, healthy diet, good sleeping). I think time will really help with your acne--even though the kids at your school might not be affected with pubescent acne, everybody is different. Maybe it's the onset of puberty that's affecting you and if that's the case, your acne will definitely improve over the years.

:)

hey dude im younger than you but i can relly relate. i have punched way to many kids for just calling me "Red face". ive tried every thing and none of it works

Well guys, I am a victim of pimples, obviously. And I've had it since I was 10, and I'm 14 now.

I know what you're instantly going to think, "Well, this could be puberty and your hormones acting up-" Wrong, if that was the situation, my whole school wouldn't be filled with kids my age with Celebrity-like clear skin. Sure, they get one pimple, once in a while and they somehow have powers to zap it away without any scaring or red marks.

Seriously, ever since I got it, people treat me different then back when I was in Elementary school. It's no smile and "You'll get through it!" for me, it's everyday some kid calling me "pimple-face," bullying me, or talk about to their friends of my condition.

And you'd be damn surprised over how many kids in this school told me to get Proactiv, I tried that crap, and it didn't work!

I have tried everything besides prescription. Clear & Clean, Clerasail, Neutrogena [yes, their creams and soap bars], Oxy, basically, I tried all the over-the-counter stuff, no go.

I've been trying to get to a dermatologist the past couple of weeks now, but no show, my insurance sucks and my mom say that they are expensive without it, and only very few people allow my insurance, and those people live way too far from me.

I am strongly to believe that is because of my genes because my parents and probably their family have acne too, and if it's any of importance, by how the way my mom told me her acne story, she cleared out of her pimples around the 10th grade, and now even better as a adult.

I Also need help for my acne scarring, because if you take away the acne, my face will still look bad from all the pimples, zits and other stuff I picked and messed with. Yea, I fiddle with my face a lot, only because I was young

My acne is the reason of my depression and why I felt like my manhood got ripped into tiny bits and pieces, so please, people of acne.org, help me, I came here for the sole reason of me actually being accepted and not bullied around just because of my face. I want acne to be away from my face, for good! and to never come back again! I also want my acne scars to disappear somehow, pleeeease! :(

And if it helps, my face looks like this [to the left], even though this isn't me

hey dude im younger than you but i can relly relate. i have punched way to many kids for just calling me "Red face". ive tried every thing and none of it works

I Also need help for my acne scarring, because if you take away the acne, my face will still look bad from all the pimples, zits and other stuff I picked and messed with. Yea, I fiddle with my face a lot, only because I was young

"hey dude im younger than you but i can relly relate. i have punched way to many kids for just calling me "Red face". ive tried every thing and none of it works"

I think that was their reply.

"hey dude im younger than you but i can relly relate. i have punched way to many kids for just calling me "Red face". ive tried every thing and none of it works"

I think that was their reply.

kids you need to exercise and stop eating junk food, I know is not like the main cause but it makes it worse. your hormones are way too crazy, and eating food that raises more hormone production will be really bad

kids you need to exercise and stop eating junk food, I know is not like the main cause but it makes it worse. your hormones are way too crazy, and eating food that raises more hormone production will be really bad

Hey man i know what your going through!!!! When i was 14-15 my acne was a little worse than that pic u have and i have also been made fun of but mostly by my friends joking around. I remember one of my friends kept saying that he will buy me proactive as a joke for christmas , birthday, easter etc. But you cant let these comments get to you. The people who say these things are idiots.

From my experance i suggest that you avoid the harsh otcs and avoid picking at your face (that was probally what made my face worse). Most otcs are junk and don't do anything but make your face worse. Try using gentler clensers and use non-clogging mositerizers if your not already or maybe try dan's regimine but nothing can replace going to a derm.

I didnt have health insurance when i was 14 (and i still dont) so my dad never took me to a derm and only bought be otcs which was a big mistake. As the years passed my face slowly got worse on otcs untill my dad finally took me to a derm a couple of months ago and today my acne is gone and now im fighting through the scars (im 17 now).

You have an advantage over me cus you have this great site to help you through this. I wish i knew about this site when i was starting to get ance. Anyway i really hope you find something to get you clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Mac101,

I am 19 and had acne since I was 13! :boohoo: I know this might sound tough, but try and smile when someone calls you a name. Or if they tell you to try certain products, perhaps give them a short synopsis. After all acne isn’t to bad compared to kids who are in wheel chairs, mentally disabled, blind, deaf, etc. Appreciate what you have, and don’t get me wrong this is very difficult to do. I know how it feels to have acne for a long time, heck all of teenage life and I feel I have not lived. But do not worry man and keep your chin up. Many bullies feed on our anger and they find it funny when one gets aggravated fast. If you ignore them chances are they’ll get bored and leave you alone.

If your acne is active try some 2.5 % BP as that was the only thing that actually worked for me. Try the DK regimen and see if that helps clear your acne. Do not pick your acne but try some natural techniques for red marks or scars after you feel your acne is clear. Try the baking soda/ACV method and using Vitamin E Oil has helped me a lot.

I think I having blemishes just like u (if u mention your skin look like that photo) and a mild acne recently, but dun give up. We need to think of a way solve the blemishes problem. First someone must link us the threads for blemishes. LOL cheers !!!

sure, everyones hates acne, i can certainly blame my mother or father for acne, but i cant blame them for the incredibly handsome look, and my ESPECIALLY BIG SHOES...thanks dad!!

Just remember, once you leave school it's like a whole new world/life. Trust me, I know it's probably hard now but when you leave it'll be better.

Hi there!

Step 1: Throw away all your OTC crap (or stash them somewhere).

Step 2: Wash only with water, preferably only twice a day, but I do three times.

Step 3: Be gentle with your face all the time!!! Don't be mad at it! Every time you look at yourself, smile and say, I have met some really friendly people, I will be industrious, look around the site, and find something that works for me!

Step 4: The picking is pretty annoying, I had a problem with that too, but the urges gradually go away, trust me, just try to do other things, and if you find yourself doing it then stop yourself and concentrate on something else.

Step 4: Fiddle with your diet; it is not just chocolate and soda that can affect you, it is sugar in general, so no cookies even. After mostly cutting out sugar I've found that sweet things taste kinda excessive to me now and I can only eat a little bit. Fruits are also loaded with sugars (although they are natural), so try some moderate fruits like apples, nothing TOO sweet.

Step 5: People have found that dairy aggravates their acne, I think this may be true for me too, milk is chock full of hormones. Try avoiding dairy and see what it does.

Step 6: Fishies are your friends. Eat more fish, I recommend catfish filets fried in egg and a bit of soy sauce. =)

Step 7: Dark green vegetables are also your friends, incorporate spinach and broccoli. I said ew, too. Creamed spinach is delicious though, and you can fry broccoli in a little bit of soy sauce and they taste great too!

Step 8: Hydrate yourself and, er, go to the bathroom often. Maybe try some white tea.

Step 9: BE PATIENT! It takes time to figure out what works for you. Take it as an adventure!

Hey Mac101,

I am 19 and had acne since I was 13! :boohoo: I know this might sound tough, but try and smile when someone calls you a name. Or if they tell you to try certain products, perhaps give them a short synopsis. After all acne isn’t to bad compared to kids who are in wheel chairs, mentally disabled, blind, deaf, etc. Appreciate what you have, and don’t get me wrong this is very difficult to do. I know how it feels to have acne for a long time, heck all of teenage life and I feel I have not lived. But do not worry man and keep your chin up. Many bullies feed on our anger and they find it funny when one gets aggravated fast. If you ignore them chances are they’ll get bored and leave you alone.

If your acne is active try some 2.5 % BP as that was the only thing that actually worked for me. Try the DK regimen and see if that helps clear your acne. Do not pick your acne but try some natural techniques for red marks or scars after you feel your acne is clear. Try the baking soda/ACV method and using Vitamin E Oil has helped me a lot.

Did you just get like 1 or 2 pimples and freak out and bought something strong to get rid of them? Was it a chain reaction?