Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Beatrice D

Beatrice vs. Acne - The Last Battle

March 16, '08

This is a pretty monumental day for me! Tomorrow morning is my blood test to ensure that I can start on Accutane safely. I'm pretty scared of needles and I haven't had blood work done before. But it's all for clear skin, so that makes it better. I'll be fasting as soon as I hit the bed, so...banzai?

Oh, and for pictures -- I'll upload one tonight or tomorrow of my pre-Accutane me.

Update: Here are the pictures!

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee30/Pe...nt=Forehead.jpg

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee30/Pe...rrent=Cheek.jpg

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee30/Pe...urrent=Chin.jpg

March 17, '08

So, I went through with the bloodwork with no problems (they gave my the kids needle for it.)Really excited to start on my accutane... ^^ Not much else to report.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hey Beatrice !

Good luck !

I know how you feel. You're excited to start right? I bet. I'm about 2 weeks into my treatment. I think that the 30 day wait makes you anticipate everything so much longer. But anyways you'r skin isnt that bad. Accutane will surely clear you up. Keep us posted

Smile !

-Stacey

Thanks! Just got my first month's supply and I'll be starting in the morning. 1 @ 40mg/day is my dosage. The pills look pretty big!

Yeah. I'm just thrilled! I also got a new haircut today. That helps. Haha, bangs for the first time in my life!

Oh, and not to sound incompetent, but what is the 30-day wait? I don't think anyone mentioned it to me. :doh:

March 18, '08 - Day One

So, today I began my Accutane treatment! Took my first pill with supper (so obviously so side-effects yet.). ^^ I'm just bursting with excitement. Not much else to report aside from me dreading my initial breakout, haha. Time for bed, now!

March 21, '08 - Day Four

So, I'm experiencing...dry skin! Never thought I'd be happy to say that, haha. I sincerely hope it's Accutane's doing! Above my lip is flaking in the center (and stinging a bit), and on my chin, a blackhead had this dry ring of skin lifting up around it and then I looked a few minutes later to show my mom and it was GONE. I put some more moisturizer there 'cause it was uncomfortable. Gross as that is, I'm delighted. Absolutely delighted.

And happy Good Friday/Easter weekend to all!

March 22, '08 - Day Five

So, everything is just drying up! More and more spots seem to be lifting themselves up...I have lots of dry skin flakes starting! :dance: Not much else going on, I've been using lots of lip balm (Burt's Bees and Blistex!) so I'm not sure whether I have dry lips or not - I'm trying not to let it get there and find out.

My face kind of stings...

March 23, '08 - Day Six

My face is peeling all over but today it doesn't hurt - I've been moisturizing now that people have confirmed that that's all right. I'm going to look into getting or if I can't find one, a baby brush. Looking in the mirror a moment ago, I discovered that of the dead skin that's coming off of my forehead, some of it is sticking in my bangs. Ew, gotta take care of that - I think a comb will help! I'll be uploading pictures tomorrow.

Good luck on your course! You might not get an IB, I didn't get much of one. And don't worry about the needles...I was just like you, but now I'm a pro at getting my blood taken. :whistle:

Oh, the thirty days wait is only in the U.S. We have a stupid IPLEDGE program here that makes it really difficult to get the drug.

Thanks for the support, guys! Sorry to not update this for so long.

Yesterday was day 30! So I have to go without my 'beloved' tane today till I get my refills after my dermatologist appointment tomorrow.

I'm so happy to be on Accutane, really. My self-confidence has received SUCH a boost that it's not even funny. Friends and family have been commenting on me seeming happier, smiling more.

Side effects have been rather nasty. 3 major nosebleeds (2 in my sleep, one at school) to date, but I found out a few days ago that I'm having some in my sleep and not waking up...the blood doesn't actually leave my nose, so I guess it doesn't bother me. It's gross, but I have a 'nasal lubricant' (Secaris) that I'm using as defense. My lips are INSANELY dry. Like, every other day when I wake up, I have to go the washroom and use a lip mask (Mary Kay stuff). The skin just keeps coming off! I don't know where it's all coming from. I use Mary Kay lip balm during the day, it helps a lot - it feels so nice.

And then there's the dandruff. How embarassing. I'm one of those people who plays with their hair a lot, just touches it during class and stuff, right? And I'm ashamed to do that now, because DEAD SKIN falls ALL OVER my desk! So I went to a hair salon last week and got some shampoo - John Master's organic Zinc and Sage shampoo, Simply Organic hair and scalp rinse as my conditioner, and Simply Organic scalp spa (for before I shower). So far, they've helped a lot, but the dandruff is still present, so...yeah.

My skin though! I really feel like this is working. I have one active pimple (jaw line) and one dying one (forehead), lol. The skin around my nose and mouth feels like real skin. Real skin! It's smooth, and although it's looking a bit shiny, it's normal. (I think I'm one of those people with acne but a dry face. I dunno.) The red marks are still everywhere, though. That'll take some time, I know.

Edit: Ranting removed cause it's all outta my system!