Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forfricksake

I need your opinion

I'm going to the dermatologist in 10 days. I have been on so many prescriptions that I do not even want to deal with it anymore. What I really want to do is go in and say, "GIVE ME ACCUTANE ALREADY!!!" I'm going to a new derm because my old one relocated out of state. I will obviously fill him in on my 18 year history with acne (I'm 30 years old) and all the meds I've tried. I've learned a lot about Accutane, the good, the bad, and the brutality of it -- but I think it would be totally worth it. I know this is absolutely what I want to try. I'm so scared he will tell me no and make me use something else. Am I being paranoid or do I have nothing to worry about? I know they can't prescribe it like it's not a big deal -- it's a huge step and a big process. HELP!!!!

I'm going to the dermatologist in 10 days. I have been on so many prescriptions that I do not even want to deal with it anymore. What I really want to do is go in and say, "GIVE ME ACCUTANE ALREADY!!!" I'm going to a new derm because my old one relocated out of state. I will obviously fill him in on my 18 year history with acne (I'm 30 years old) and all the meds I've tried. I've learned a lot about Accutane, the good, the bad, and the brutality of it -- but I think it would be totally worth it. I know this is absolutely what I want to try. I'm so scared he will tell me no and make me use something else. Am I being paranoid or do I have nothing to worry about? I know they can't prescribe it like it's not a big deal -- it's a huge step and a big process. HELP!!!!

every derm is different. mine hardly listened to a word i said when i first went to see her, and jsut handed me a prescription without a pregnancy test or anything. i swear both derms ive been to are willing to hand it out like candy.

im sure you'll be fine. good luck!