Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jophiel

Can BP bleach your HAIR?

I am Korean American and though I am part American, my hair is always a deep black. I noticed that my hair close to my forehead is turning a brownish color. It isn't super-noticeable but I want to know if BP can bleach it. If it can I need to be extra careful on the usage.

Also, does Alpha Hydroxy bleach? Stupid question prolly, but I just want to make sure.

Lastly, will the effects subside over time or is it permanent? (If the BP is doing this)

I would really appreciate some input. Thanks!

Benzoyl peroxide and hydrogen peroxide will bleach your hair and clothing. Your hair will fall out and regrow, so it is not permanent. smile.gif

No, I don't think AHA bleaches.

yeah, I have a deep brown color to my hair and I'm noticing light shades of highlights forming on my bangs... :-k I think it sort of looks cool, I usually get highlights during the summer anyways, this was just a weird little surprise.

once tried to bleech my hair (well a little bit of it) with bp, was prescription stuff (from the doc) so it was quite a strong % , (sorry can't remember exactly what %)

put a big glob of it on the end of a clump of my hairs, left it there all night, didn't do a thing

heh , this is prob due to the fact that my hairs a very dark brown colour.

moral of the story:

if you have fine or fair hair, then yes it will prob effect it