Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've heard so much about Proactiv that i actually doubt the efficiency of this product.

has anyone tried it? is it EFFICIENT (for real)?

thanks!! :-s

And don't use Murad Acne treatment either!!! That's how I found this board. After 2 months of use I had 13 cysts on my face.

That's when I got desperate and ran to the internet and luckly found this site. Dan's regime has cleared these up in just 2 weeks where it would usually take over a month to get rid of. I've never had more than 1 or 2 cyst like acne on my face at one time. Now I will never trust any prepackaged over priced regimen again!!!

Well, except for maybe the Serious Skin Care line by Stalone's wife that I got on HSN a few years ago which I seem to remember it clearing me up but I didn't stick with it long enough to see if it worked long term and again too expensive!

I've used it for over a year for my moderate acne. It helps, but it uses benzoyl peroxide which is harsh on your skin. I stopped using it recently and started taking B5 instead.

I tried it for a little over 2 weeks and it basically felt like it was frying my face. Too much BP. The cleanser has BP in it and so does the lotion you put on afterwards.

Proativ is the worst thing that happened to me... i used it for 1 year... and all was ok yet I still owuld get at least a pimple a day... and my face was always red in appearance... the problem began when I stopped using it and even when I was using it... I developed massive cysts on my jaw line... and has taken me about a year ot get rid of them tryingot find something that doesn't break me out and gets rid of the pigment scarring...

try cetephil gentle cleanser without any water... works GREAT!!!

I'm also treating acne from the inside by taking B5...

sorry to anyone taking proactiv... it may work good for u... but it was the devil for me...

Hope everyone will get clear from this horrible skin problem...

Draws

Worked GREAT for my two younger sisters (who both milder acne than me) but didn't do a damn thing for me. Except made my skin soft and lightly fragrant! I'd still get 2-3 pimples every other day or something, and they were the larger pimples. I think it's very good for people who get like, oh, a pimple a month or something. Has kept my sister's clear for more than a year.

U could give it a try but it’s not sure to work, some people had good results some ware left with more problems.

Basically, here's my thoughts about Proactiv:

Before Dan's regimen, Proactiv seemed to be the sanest, most comprehensive way to eliminate acne. But I've since learned that it's the benzoyl peroxide lotion (Repairing Lotion, 2.5 oz) in the Proactiv system that is of any merit. The cleanser and the toner are a waste. Here's what I do on the regimen:

Wash with Cetaphil or Purpose ($6-$12), wait 5-15 min

Apply Proactiv bp (look on eBay for a good deal), wait 5-15 min

Apply Cetaphil with SPF 15

My skin has been clear for 5 months.

so basically, opinions are mixed: some of you say its crap, others recommend it :^o

I use it like Jenophile uses it. Just the lotion. The cleanser and the toner are crap. I use the lotion along with the spot treatment when I'm having a clearer skin day.

proactive and dan'sregimen is very similar. they both emphasize the usage of a cleanser, 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, and a moisturizer. proactive uses it's cleanser, bp and has a built-in lotion as the moisturizer in the bp. dan's regimen uses a cleanser, bp, and a moisturizer.

JOHNNY11:

Side note: The "built-in" moisturizer in the Proactiv bp is not sufficient enough to properly moisturize, and without any SPF in it, it's useless.

Proactiv dried me out like crazy and made me all red. I did like the repairing lotion though, which I continued to use after I stopped using the cleanser and toner. Unforunately, you CAN'T use that stuff under makeup. It gets so sticky and disgusting.

side from price, one thing about Proactiv that really sucks is that the price is EVEN higher if you don't join that clear skin club. So, when I ordered it I went ahead and joined, figuring that I'd get one box automatically after three months or whatever the period of time is, send it back and remove myself from the club. Well, it didn't work that way. After the initial box I actually ordered, they sent me THREE more boxes over the next several months after I had requested to be removed from the clear skin club. It even cause my bank acct to get overdrawn one time because I had assumed the problem was taken care of, then one day Proactiv sat on my doorstep, having withdrawn my bank account by like five dollars (my bank still charged me the $30 fee). So, if anyone does decide to try Proactiv, just pay full price and don't join the stupid clear skin club.

Or, do what I do, and skip ordering directly from Proactiv and search eBay for good deals. I buy the Repairing Lotion three at a time, for about $10-$15 each. Just make sure the seller tells you the exp date.