Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WPrincessW

VERY DEPRESSED...ANY ADVICE???

Well after trying tons and tons of OTC meds and antibiotics for my mild/moderate acne, my derm put me on Tazorac 0.1% June, 2007. I have been using it consistently for 9 months now to clear up these mostly comedones and occasional inflamed ones. Tazorac gave me an IB but I stuck it out and my face got really clear for about 5 months. Now, for the past 3 weeks, my face has been breaking out again. So, I started applying it 2x a day with moisturizer. That helped for a week but then nothing. I'm sitting here with new breakouts on my face, crying my eyes out b/c I have no clue what to do anymore. :rolleyes::cry: My derm appt. is next month, idk if I can hold out that long with this. Do you have any advice on what should I do until then and what should I ask my derm to prescribe next??? Would a low dose of Accutane help clear these comedones? Pleaseee, any advice is welcome.... :pray:

Well after trying tons and tons of OTC meds and antibiotics for my mild/moderate acne, my derm put me on Tazorac 0.1% June, 2007. I have been using it consistently for 9 months now to clear up these mostly comedones and occasional inflamed ones. Tazorac gave me an IB but I stuck it out and my face got really clear for about 5 months. Now, for the past 3 weeks, my face has been breaking out again. So, I started applying it 2x a day with moisturizer. That helped for a week but then nothing. I'm sitting here with new breakouts on my face, crying my eyes out b/c I have no clue what to do anymore. :rolleyes: :cry: My derm appt. is next month, idk if I can hold out that long with this. Do you have any advice on what should I do until then and what should I ask my derm to prescribe next??? Would a low dose of Accutane help clear these comedones? Pleaseee, any advice is welcome.... :pray:

DONT GIVE UP. I was losing hope after month 7 of taz. My taz never worked until about a month ago but now things are doing great. I had to change up some stuff but it definitely made a difference. Here we go.

How much Taz do you apply? I literally USED to goop it on, but now I stick with the thinnest layer possible as long as I feel my whole face is covered.

Also, my derm gave me Triaz 6% to wash with both morning and night. That has worked miracles along with CLINDAGEL in the morning. I read an article on a test group who used Tazorac with a combination of benzoyl peroxide (triaz 6%) and clindamyacin (clindagel) and that group yielded the best results. SO next time you go into your derm, ask about that combo because its been working great for me.

Don't use a ton of moisturizer before you apply it. I find it just over moisturizes when you use a lot. A little dab of Cetaphil before applying the taz goes a long way.

Also, do you feel the taz actively absorbing into the skin? I know I didnt before my new cocktail and now whenever I apply I feel the medicine absorb into the skin and "purify and refresh" my face. Just calm down and breathe. Tazorac is a derivative of Vitamin A which does nothing but help purify and cleanse the skin and the layers below the surface. IT just may be a little bit of excess that didn't come through the first time. I feel your pain my friend because I cried and cried because I was losing hope. But dont!!! Good luck!

REGIMEN:

Mornings...

1. Triaz 6%

2. Thin layer of Clndagel

3. Cetaphil SPF 15 (just a little)

4. Minocin 100mg

Night...

1. Triaz 6%

2. Cetaphil (very thin)

3. Tazorac Gel

Well after trying tons and tons of OTC meds and antibiotics for my mild/moderate acne, my derm put me on Tazorac 0.1% June, 2007. I have been using it consistently for 9 months now to clear up these mostly comedones and occasional inflamed ones. Tazorac gave me an IB but I stuck it out and my face got really clear for about 5 months. Now, for the past 3 weeks, my face has been breaking out again. So, I started applying it 2x a day with moisturizer. That helped for a week but then nothing. I'm sitting here with new breakouts on my face, crying my eyes out b/c I have no clue what to do anymore. :rolleyes: :cry: My derm appt. is next month, idk if I can hold out that long with this. Do you have any advice on what should I do until then and what should I ask my derm to prescribe next??? Would a low dose of Accutane help clear these comedones? Pleaseee, any advice is welcome.... :pray:

DONT GIVE UP. I was losing hope after month 7 of taz. My taz never worked until about a month ago but now things are doing great. I had to change up some stuff but it definitely made a difference. Here we go.

How much Taz do you apply? I literally USED to goop it on, but now I stick with the thinnest layer possible as long as I feel my whole face is covered.

Also, my derm gave me Triaz 6% to wash with both morning and night. That has worked miracles along with CLINDAGEL in the morning. I read an article on a test group who used Tazorac with a combination of benzoyl peroxide (triaz 6%) and clindamyacin (clindagel) and that group yielded the best results. SO next time you go into your derm, ask about that combo because its been working great for me.

Don't use a ton of moisturizer before you apply it. I find it just over moisturizes when you use a lot. A little dab of Cetaphil before applying the taz goes a long way.

Also, do you feel the taz actively absorbing into the skin? I know I didnt before my new cocktail and now whenever I apply I feel the medicine absorb into the skin and "purify and refresh" my face. Just calm down and breathe. Tazorac is a derivative of Vitamin A which does nothing but help purify and cleanse the skin and the layers below the surface. IT just may be a little bit of excess that didn't come through the first time. I feel your pain my friend because I cried and cried because I was losing hope. But dont!!! Good luck!

REGIMEN:

Mornings...

1. Triaz 6%

2. Thin layer of Clndagel

3. Cetaphil SPF 15 (just a little)

4. Minocin 100mg

Night...

1. Triaz 6%

2. Cetaphil (very thin)

3. Tazorac Gel

Hey just wanted to say thank you so much for letting me know that all is not lost yet with Tazorac. I will definitely try your exact regimen starting now since I have Triaz 6% cleanser which my brother doesn't use, I have a clindamycin phosphate solution which I used before and it used to give me good results, I even have Minocin 100mg capsules but I stopped taking them a while ago b/c I thought they had no effect on me. I will try them again with all the other things combined to see what happens. I know that not everyone's skin is the same, but I really hope that the same regimen works for me too, thank you ;)

And yes, my skin might still be purging its last from the deepest layers. I do put a whole lot of Tazorac on, but I'll be putting less on now and see how it goes.

Hey i havent been on taz for as long as you guys but it has been a week shy of 4 months. Right now my derm JUST has me on taz.1% twice a day. He took me off the tetracycline this week which i really dont know was doing anything at all. I have been on mino doxy tetra for almost 2 years now so im probably immune. He said my skin will actually improve from going off tetracycline.

Im a little concerned because he just wants me to use Taz and no cleanser and no moisterizer. I use a mild cleanser and some moisterizer anyways(both cetephil). Im not sure if i should be on something else with the taz or not =/