Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any idea what "steroid acne" is? Does using topical steroid on the face for eczema will lead to cysts?

"The rare application of a topical steroid to a cyst (like Cortaid 1% Hydrocortisone Anti-Itch Cream for a day or two may help in a pinch. Do not, however, rely upon topical steroids or one can get steroid acne in its place!"

http://www.dermadoctor.com/pages/newslette...4-14D12404F772}

Any idea what "steroid acne" is? Does using topical steroid on the face for eczema will lead to cysts?

"The rare application of a topical steroid to a cyst (like Cortaid 1% Hydrocortisone Anti-Itch Cream for a day or two may help in a pinch. Do not, however, rely upon topical steroids or one can get steroid acne in its place!"

http://www.dermadoctor.com/pages/newslette...4-14D12404F772}

I always thought steroid acne was from using anabolic steroids not topical steroids which only made you break out in papules/pustules anyway

Anabolic steroid will almost guarantee you acne because it messes up the hormones in your body. But why topical steroid? Could it be the fact that most topical steroids come in cream or ointment that are not acne friendly?

Hi. In 04 I had about 4 ugly red sores on my face The pain was so intense it felt like my face was on fire. My derm gave me a very potent steroid in an ointment form called Clobetasol. In three days the sores were all gone but due to the potency of this ointment I broke out in steroid acne. I had not one or two but about 30 inflamed whiteheads on my chin. If only I knew about the poregrippers back then, it would have made removing the whiteheads much easier vs having to pop each one individually.

Any steroids can cause acne, oral or topical. Don't use them if you are prone to acne unless medically necessary for asthma or some other medical condition.

hey guys can anyone help me?? i was wondering if anyone has had any success using aqua glycolic products. i've heard good things about them being able to help acne. has anyone ever tried them??

Thanks..