Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
legasp

Comedonal Acne

Did you find that following your holistic diet, fasts, supplements, etc. cleared any closed comedones (white bumps) and blackheads, or did it only help with inflammatory acne?

My main problem is comedonal acne. I never had much in the way of inflammatory, probably a mild case. Unfortunately, I have tons of closed comedones, blackheads, large pores, and just clogged pores in general. Lucky me. :rolleyes:

I'm 15, so currently a lot of it is hormonal. I know DIM is supposed to help with hormonal acne, but I'm not sure what use it'll do with blackheads and such.

Why the red meat? If it is organic and grass fed, and eaten in moderation, it is very beneficial, I believe.

Oil doesn't really have anything to do with comedonal/non-inflamed acne. You have to slow down hyperproliferation and/or fast skin cell shedding. Manually exfoliate often and get more Vitamin D.

Why the red meat? If it is organic and grass fed, and eaten in moderation, it is very beneficial, I believe.

[intrigued!]

Really, vitamin D? Hmmmm, I never had acne before moving to Seattle [looks out window at winter clouds]... what's the skinny on vitamin D?