Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Whoa, I am so happy right now! I've been on the regimen for a while, and it was working, from begining on - yet...i'd get breakouts and I'd be back to square one.

In the begining, I was not using the right stuff on the regimen. That was a major problem. Sure, I was using the right BP, but I was using an oily thick moisturizer, and at some points NO moisturizers.

After getting frustrated with how my Regimen was going, I finally went out and got Eucerin Renewal and Cetaphil liquid cleanser. These products are amazingly. I would say these are some of the best products out there. The cleanser leaves you feeling so damn clean it was hard to believe. Eucerin moisturizers without having a thick goopy mess on your face, it seeps right in, moisturizers and exfoilates lightly (Cause of the AHA?) but does not irritate your skin. (It burns a little bit at the begining, but do not be discouraged, unless it burns ALOT)

So now, here I am, after having been so depressed and hopeless. I have practially NO more acne. And hardly ANY red spots. To combat red spots left over after acne, I tried drinking Lemon juice, twice a day. I drank two fresh squeezed lemons, mixed in water, once in the morning and once in the evening. I think this was vital for combating red spots, and active acne, it worked very well, and is generally healthy. (I know four lemons a day seems like alot, but I got used to it, and I would not use less)

Not to forget, I take 30mg zinc picolinate capsules every day. I take one in the mornings (Or whenever I actually wake up, heheh) and two in the evening. I am firm in beleiving that once again this rid me of red marks and combats active acne.

Also, I have a major boost in confidence. Althought my acne was really quite mild, it sapped on my confidence tremendously. I would not want to go places, I would sit inside too much, and worry. What I came to realize, even before I got such good results is, acne, if you really try not to let it affect you, should not hold you back. Try to ignore it as best you can, get active, and treat it on the side, but make sure not to introvert on it all too much, just have fun, regardless! Don't care about what others might think, if they don't like you cause of acne, they're morons anyhow, you can have plenty of fun, on your own, and with others.

I'd like to thank Dan and every single person in this website, I was begining to lose hope when I found this website and board.

Be careful with zinc intake if you're taking 90 mg a day for more than a couple of weeks. It can cause a copper deficiency which has SERIOUS side effects