Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JaeLeeh

Fatty foods, sweets and Accutane

I recently got a prescription from my doctor for accutane, and I'm a little freaked out. I mean, I knew about the initial breakout, and the dryness. . .but she told me I hate to seriously cut down on fatty foods and sweets, plus no drinking. I've been sooooo skinny all my life and I always eat fatty foods and sweets, and I'm trying to put on weight...and if i can't eat all those rich foods, i'll get so skinny, i'll be invisible...anyway...I MEAN COME ON is it reeeally necessary??? Plus she told me I could only take lukewarm showers for 5-10 minutes everyday....I'm a big fan of long, hot showers...i don't know what to do....

Me neither.

And when i asked my derm about the fatty foods etc effecting skin... In so msny words he said... "Utter shite".

If anything i eat more fat than before to keep my sugar levels high and aviod migranes #-o

They may have said that to keep your cholesteral levels in check. But even so the weeks fly by. i can't believe how fast it was. i wanna d it again.

I imagine the weeks start to fly by once u start seeing results... being in week 5 myself.. time has not moved fast at all.

I am in week 4 and seeing great results! it is going by pretty quick, just try not to think about it at all and concentrate on school or work

I imagine the weeks start to fly by once u start seeing results...quote]

Yer i can understand what you mean, But... clearing well or not it still drains me of engery and makes me feel like shite somedays.

I'll be glad when its finished.

I've never heard of not eating fatty foods or sweets while on accutane infact if you take your tablets during your meals the fattier the meal the better & I've read quite a few posts on here about people drinking while on accutance , some do some don't its up to you really. I have a few times and shall be excessivley this weekend when I drive down to cardiff for the cup final.

My Dr told me that when he did all my bloodwork that decided if I was s'posed to be on a special diet.. That was kinda like that one.. It was mainly a substitution list.. I didnt have to do it. The shower part... I take extreemly hot long showers every day.. But I also have horrible dry spots that bubble up... Maybe thats why.. I'll try to cutback and see if it helps out.

I am on accutane and skinny aswell, do you know if we can take proteins in powder form?