Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
holdthescroll

What time of day is it best to clean my face?

When do you think is the most effective time to cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize the skin?

I just started doing the baby brush method, and I'm wondering if I should do it at night, in the morning, or after working out. Also, once you moisturize, do you leave the moisturizer on all day/night?

I'm completely new to this site and the methods that everyone is using (though I have been through Accutane before). It would be helpful for me if you could tell me what your routine is & the type of acne you have in addition to answering my first question.

Thanks for helping

If you are going to clean once a day (I clean twice, morning and night, using the DKR for my mild acne), I would recommend at night - your skin does it's best healing when you sleep. Also, if you wind up with any accidental inflamation no one will know because you're going to bed. If you work out heavily, maybe a quick splash of warm water, no soap and gentle massage of your face afterwards?

example:

Routine

I currently shower at night, get out of the shower & dry my face. I rub Purpose Liquid cleanser onto my face (don't wash it off). Then I get my baby brush and rub Purpose cleanser onto the bristles and gently brush my face with it. I then wash all of that off and put on Cetaphil/Aloe Vera. Then I go to sleep.

Acne

Accutane did a good job clearing up my face, but I have been left with moderate acne (still, it was a major improvement). The skin on my face feels & looks pretty rough, and I have small red bumps distributed around my face. Most are minor & are do not "push out" of my face, though a few are kind of major and do stand out. Still, all are annoying and significantly decrease to the quality of my skin. I have a few white heads. My upper face area is slightly red (could be slight sun damage); I don't get much sun. I used to have a very good skin complexion prior to accutane - I used to be able to tan and get compliments on the color.

*Note - i have no idea if the baby brush routine is the right routine for my acne. The idea here is to see what other people are doing for their skin types & acne. If someone has similar acne to mine, they could help me ... etc.

Also, are there any good articles to read out there on tailoring an acne treatment to your individual type of acne? It seems like most people on this forum use the "DKR" treatment with moderate success, but I'm sure it must be more beneficial to find something specifically for you? I've know that there are people out there who can look at your skin type and specific type of acne, and recommend you a treatment ... that's what I want to be able to do.

I wash my face in the morning and night with strong salicylic acid and BP washes... and after i workout i either just splash my face with water or wash very gently with cetaphil gentle skin cleanser

I wash my face in the morning and night with strong salicylic acid and BP washes... and after i workout i either just splash my face with water or wash very gently with cetaphil gentle skin cleanser