Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seven_star_glory

Oh, this old TANE-g?

*::* Bom chika bow wow. You just stumbled on the jackpot.*::*

Erm, scratch that.

So I'm sitting on my laptop. It's 3 in the morning. I couldn't fall asleep because all I could think about was writing my Accutane blog.

Huh. Doesn't seem right. But then again, a lot doesn't seem right these days. My face has exploded (for proof, see gallery). When I wake up in the morning I don't want to be pretty, allusive, charming, whatever anymore. I just want to be normal. I'm fed up with looking like a vampire gnawed my face. Yeesh.

I start the magic china-doll-skin pill in 9 days, 7 if I can squeeze into the derm's schedule. (Please God, please let it be so!)

I'm looking for some partners-in-crime, some brave souls who are also setting out on their tane journeys around March 22nd. We can support each other, you know? We can get riled up about combating oil and lend one another support when our lips fall off in the middle of a school presentation. Our signature weapons will be just as lethal as they are moisturizing: Aquaphor and Cetaphil lotion.

Dude, I am so pumped right now. Who's with me!?

-K

3 months ago...

current condition:oh, the monstrosity...

Or I guess this could be a one woman show.

Got it.

Wow. So much support. I'll go eat some chocolate now.

No really, I love you guys, but it would be awesome to have someone to talk to through this, either someone experiencing the same thing or someone who has been through it before.

Take care everyone.

Keep hoping.

-K

Whoever says diet doesn't effect your skin is lying.

For about two weeks I ate nothing but green smoothies, vegetables and lean protein and my skin looked great (no active cysts, red marks fading) and was healing rapidly. Two days ago I had a bit of a slip up, ate some ice cream and then decided to just screw the whole thing and see if my diet was really helping my skin so I ate more ice cream, chocolate, carbs, ect.

Today my skin looks like absolute crap. I definately broke out from eating these foods. Yuck.

5 days till I start tane.

Finally.

Hi! just dropping by to wish some luck, I'm a fellow tane-r lmao! I had a look at your pics, I couldn't believe how quickly your skin got bad, I feel so sorry for you *hugs* anyway, I hope you get in to see your Derm in less days :D I wish it would give me porcelain skin :P

xxlottie

Hi! just dropping by to wish some luck, I'm a fellow tane-r lmao! I had a look at your pics, I couldn't believe how quickly your skin got bad, I feel so sorry for you *hugs* anyway, I hope you get in to see your Derm in less days :D I wish it would give me porcelain skin :P

xxlottie

You know what lottie?

We will get porcelain skin together.

How long have you been on tane?

hey I start on the 19th but I guess I can wait til the 22nd :surprised:

Let's nuke our acne shall we? :D

Dude,

Don't worry about waiting two days. That is two days faster that you will be clear!!!!

I called my derm office and I actually can't start until the 24th. (need to wait 30 days on ipledge, they want to make sure I'm not pregnant so I have to do all these ridiculous pregnancy tests, which I think is hilarious because they don't give a rip if you're a virgin or not. I could be a nun and they would still make me take the tests. Sorry, ranting...)

So seriously, go for it.

But yes, let's do this together! Team AA (Acne Anihilation) just got its first two members.

We must think of a sweet slogan. And what will we wear? Spandex, capes...?

I just can't wait. What are you going to do once you're clear?

I'm thinking of doing something nuts with my hair, like chopping it super short and dying it a bunch of sweet colors. My head will constantly be having a clear skin party that way!

Should I do a fax hawk? Nahhh, that's a little too butch probably. I'll keep looking for a sweet style.

Dude,

Don't worry about waiting two days. That is two days faster that you will be clear!!!!

I called my derm office and I actually can't start until the 24th. (need to wait 30 days on ipledge, they want to make sure I'm not pregnant so I have to do all these ridiculous pregnancy tests, which I think is hilarious because they don't give a rip if you're a virgin or not. I could be a nun and they would still make me take the tests. Sorry, ranting...)

So seriously, go for it.

But yes, let's do this together! Team AA (Acne Anihilation) just got its first two members.

I'm thinking of doing something nuts with my hair, like chopping it super short and dying it a bunch of sweet colors. My head will constantly be having a clear skin party that way!

Should I do a fax hawk? Nahhh, that's a little too butch probably. I'll keep looking for a sweet style.

Alright I'll start anyways then!

Dude ipledge sucks, I'm happy I'm not a girl XD

AA eh? Spandex is hot, but it has to be a bright color. I want to wear a cool mask like the mexican wrestlers though.

I'm gonna cut it to show my acne free forehead. DO THE FAUXHAWK then post pics woman.

Dude,

So seriously, go for it.

Alright I'll start anyways then!

Dude ipledge sucks, I'm happy I'm not a girl XD

AA eh? Spandex is hot, but it has to be a bright color. I want to wear a cool mask like the mexican wrestlers though.

I'm gonna cut it to show my acne free forehead. DO THE FAUXHAWK then post pics woman.

Okay. Bright pink spandex it is, with bright orange chaps. You can wear a mask. I'll wear a purple tu-tu.

Oh man, people are probably going to read this and think we're a little bit...wacky.

Faux hawk it? I'll think about it. Hmmmm.

Do you live in Tokyo? I'm going there this summer.

Just took a look at your gallery pics. Once the tane does it thing you'll be really beautiful again.

In the before acne and after, you can see the whole difference in your happiness level...

Before acne = smile

During acne = :[

and after tane it will be :D

Me? I'm in Tokyo every summer but in Colorado the rest of the year -_-

日本語を話ã›ã‚‹ï¼Ÿ

Just took a look at your gallery pics. Once the tane does it thing you'll be really beautiful again.

In the before acne and after, you can see the whole difference in your happiness level...

Before acne = smile

During acne = :[

and after tane it will be :D

Thank you Bob.

Yeah, this has definately taken a toll on me.

But to be honest, it's been a blessing at the same time. I had a lot of pride I needed to get rid of prior to this trial. Also, I never realized how much of my happiness was based on what my reflection was upon waking up in the morning. Beauty is something that fades.

Now, my joy is based on something greater, something that never changes or fades. My insecurity from this has turned into a sense of security I never possessed before.

How long have you been on tane?

Me? I'm in Tokyo every summer but in Colorado the rest of the year -_-

日本語を話せる?

That's awesome! Why do you go there in the summer? (sorry if I'm prying)

Now, my joy is based on something greater, something that never changes or fades. My insecurity from this has turned into a sense of security I never possessed before.

What a great quote. SOOO True too, i know exactly where you are coming from. I was always the pretty girl, then the acne struck and I wasn't so pretty anymore. I had to search inside myself to find some deeper source of happiness. Even though I am ok now, I still want to feel pretty again because it's just FUN! :) So hence the accutane!

Good luck, you are funny and optimistic, I will keep in touch with you :)

What a great quote. SOOO True too, i know exactly where you are coming from. I was always the pretty girl, then the acne struck and I wasn't so pretty anymore. I had to search inside myself to find some deeper source of happiness. Even though I am ok now, I still want to feel pretty again because it's just FUN! :) So hence the accutane!

Good luck, you are funny and optimistic, I will keep in touch with you :)

Oh Natalie, it's so nice to hear you like my quote. Thank you.

We should be accutane buddies:) Your support would be greatly appreciated. And guess what? That pretty girl you were? You ARE her. I don't know about you, but I feel like I know who I am through this. I need to remember to let myself grow from this experience. It's so easy to let it tear you down when rather, it should strengthen you. The real you. Not the surface.

lovexoxo

:)

I'm half Japanese, so I go there to visit my relatives and friends and do some schooling :3

Hi guys, I've not posted on these boards much but have read them back to front over the past few years.

I used to have ridiculous-beautiful china doll skin until about three years ago. I couldn't believe that it took 23 or so years to get my first bit of acne. Horrified.

So in the past three years I've tried EVERYTHING and no joy. So here it is, accutane time. I start in about three or four days and I'm terrified and excited. Just need to be very careful to look after ourselves through this period. Having just cleared a lot of gunk out of my skin with a few months of diligent differin use, I'm hoping I won't have an intensely horrible IB. But I'm game for it anyway. I'll survive.

Just thought I'd post because I think acne has its positive effects too. Through this whole dirty business, I've become proud of myself for dealing with the suffering with grace. That is really special.

Good luck friends!

Ellie.

Hi guys, I've not posted on these boards much but have read them back to front over the past few years.

I used to have ridiculous-beautiful china doll skin until about three years ago. I couldn't believe that it took 23 or so years to get my first bit of acne. Horrified.

So in the past three years I've tried EVERYTHING and no joy. So here it is, accutane time. I start in about three or four days and I'm terrified and excited. Just need to be very careful to look after ourselves through this period. Having just cleared a lot of gunk out of my skin with a few months of diligent differin use, I'm hoping I won't have an intensely horrible IB. But I'm game for it anyway. I'll survive.

Just thought I'd post because I think acne has its positive effects too. Through this whole dirty business, I've become proud of myself for dealing with the suffering with grace. That is really special.

Good luck friends!

Ellie.

Ellie,

I'm so glad you've been able to deal with everything with grace. That is so awesome.

I'm also starting in 3 or 4 days. You should join AA (Acne annihilators) with Crazian and myself. It's just an accutane support group. We'll stick by each other through the whole process and have a bit of fun while we're at it.

I was on Finacea for a few months and that seemed to bring EVERYTHING out of my skin, but we'll see. Hopefully our IBs won't be as bad. I'll be praying.

In four months this should all be over. Stay strong:)

-K

I'm half Japanese, so I go there to visit my relatives and friends and do some schooling :3

That's so COOL!

I wish I was more cultured. Seriously.

How do schools out there compare to American schools?

Are you fluent in Japanese? Oh, and how's the tane going for you? I want updates.

Sorry, lot's of questions. Journalism major.

I want to do something really insane with my hair when my skin is all cleared.

People who loose weight reward themselves. Well, this whole accutane thing is going to require a perseverance all its own. So I want to treat myself when I pass the final hurdle.

I'm all about craziness and color. My hair is cut half way between my chin and shoulders at the moment, but I'm thinking about chopping it. Something sassy and punk rock.

Maybe something like this. Or not.

This is short, sassy, and brilliantly bright:)

This is more the length I have now. Love the colors<3

Love this guy's innovation.

LOVE the cut.

Love the cut again. A little more length.

And while I'm at it, I think I'll pierce my lip.

Look at what acne has morphed me into. Something crazy...

cool! so you should be starting accutane pretty soon. I'm on my 4th pill, so far everything's good! So yeah, just wanted to share that and hope for the best (for all of us on the drug). I don't have my own thread, out of laziness, but I'll come give some support from time to time! good luck!

Btw, I like your taste on hairstyle ;)

haha i adore your log. it felt like...me! oo and we'll be starting at the same time, so woot to that. i've been on this accutane trip for two months just a while back, but was locked out of the pleasant ipledge system for missing my window, and didn't bother after that. ah and yes i bet they really wouldn't care if a nun came in, she'd still be put on birth control. hah i remember trying to discreetly nudge that, ehem what if you're not having sex, etc etc, but they weren't relenting. good times, good times. anywho i'll be here for rantings, support, laughs, or any other dose you may be needing :D

cool! so you should be starting accutane pretty soon. I'm on my 4th pill, so far everything's good! So yeah, just wanted to share that and hope for the best (for all of us on the drug). I don't have my own thread, out of laziness, but I'll come give some support from time to time! good luck!

Btw, I like your taste on hairstyle ;)

Thanksss:)

Dude, you should join team "AA" (Acne Annihilators) with me and Crazian. We're a band of superheros fighting against acne, lending each other support, yada, yada...

Good luck with your treatment! And hey, nice abs. I don't want that to sound creepy or anything, but I know how hard you have to work to get those. Awesome. I want to go do some crunches now. Do you play any sports or do you just like to keep in shape?

haha i adore your log. it felt like...me! oo and we'll be starting at the same time, so woot to that. i've been on this accutane trip for two months just a while back, but was locked out of the pleasant ipledge system for missing my window, and didn't bother after that. ah and yes i bet they really wouldn't care if a nun came in, she'd still be put on birth control. hah i remember trying to discreetly nudge that, ehem what if you're not having sex, etc etc, but they weren't relenting. good times, good times. anywho i'll be here for rantings, support, laughs, or any other dose you may be needing :D

Sweet sista'!

Oh man, let's please have some laughs. I want to hear all about your crazy accutane experiences. Or just your crazy experiences. I just have a feeling something monumental will happen to me on this medication. Like, I'll be flirting with a guy, brush my cheek, and a huge chunk of skin will peel off. Sorry, graphic, but seriously. If stuff like that is going to happen, it's going to happen to me.

Girl, join "AA" (Acne Annihilators) with me and Crazian. Basically it's a tane support group and an excuse to say you're a real life superhero. Because you are. You are fighting the evils of acne. Oh, and you get to make up what cool costume you would want to wear. Right now, Crazian and I have decided that we want to rock some hot pink spandex. I'm adding a tu-tu to my ensamble.

(Note: We are not actually going to wear these costumes. I mean, I would, but I don't know how my classmates would feel if I walked into class wearing a hot pink full body spandex suit and tu-tu. Hmmm...maybe when I get clear to debut my new 'do.)

Keep hoping.

-K

Hey, you seem really upbeat - a good trait to have for dealing with acne.

Just wanted to wish you the best with your regimen!

Thanksss:)

Dude, you should join team "AA" (Acne Annihilators) with me and Crazian. We're a band of superheros fighting against acne, lending each other support, yada, yada...

Good luck with your treatment! And hey, nice abs. I don't want that to sound creepy or anything, but I know how hard you have to work to get those. Awesome. I want to go do some crunches now. Do you play any sports or do you just like to keep in shape?

lol "Acne annihilators", you can count me in. thanks for the compliment, I'm a fitness nerd 8). and yeah, the sports I play are soccer and martial arts.

:) Hi! I've read your blog and was surprised by the quick outbreak you had. I had a similar outbreak (over about 3 months rather than weeks) where i went from perfect skin to bad. See what it was like before hand on my myspace. Anyways...Goodluck!

www.myspace.com/tevans9