Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pontings

Panoxyl again

I would like to know as well, because I came across it at my local pharmacy and one of the ingredients was alcohol! I've heard mixed reviews about the benefits/downsides of alcohol.

Caveat: How come Canadians get shafted with BP being a maximum 5%? I guess our medical association thinks that we have weak skin or something like that. wink.gif

I would not recommend panoxyl either. However it is a topical peroxide medication (like any other bp) with no systemic activity. ie: it only effects your skin while you use it....and without the medicinal suppresssion your skins sebum, bacteria etc would return and any dryness and rednesss associated with the bp fade.

Alcohols can be very drying and or irritating...but it depends on the specific alcohol in question. Here is a useful reference http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/article6.htm

Panoxyl will not permently damage you skin, as you skin will adjust with time and care.

Try Eurcin and a good sensitive cleanser to try and give your skin some normalality.

Less harsh products like Oxy on The Spot 2.5%, Neutrogena or Quinoderm 5% are recommended.

not all panoxyl products contain alcohol.

the panoxyl acnegel has alcohol in it. the aguagel, cream and wash do not.

i have just taked delivery of the 10% wash, i will post with results in a few days.

check out this site to see the range.

yea i been usign panoxyl for about4 mos now.. but i use the one w no alcohol which is aquagel 5%bp. sofar, my skin looks good. no major reakouts.. my prob is juss it gets dry but not as dry as b4. n my skin gets greasy, yuck. i've also uneven skintone. i reckon that once i gro out of this crap n not hafta apply np anymore, my skin weill b less dry n not as red

Panoxyl will not permently damage you skin, as your skin will adjust with time and care.

Try Eurcin moisturiser and a good sensitive cleanser to try and give your skin some normalality and speed up the process.

Less harsh products like Oxy on The Spot 2.5%, Neutrogena or Quinoderm 5% are recommended.

Does the PanOxyl AquaGel leave a white cast on the face? I would like to use it in the day time but I refuse to walk around looking like a ghost.

The panoxyl 10% bp wash, i have been using it for over a month now as part of the Botchla regime.

i really like it, it goes on and washes off easily and is not drying.

Big thumbs up. biggrin.gif

i use panoxyl when i can't find acetoxyl..it's more drying but the water based version is ok...not the best but keeps me clear..they ahve a 2.5% so it's better than some others