Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Esemkay

What should I do?

So, I phoned my dermatologist office today to confirm my appointment for tomorrow, only to discover that he will be gone from Monday March 10th to Friday March 21st on vacation!!!! I only have 3 pills left and my last prescription had no refills on it! I don't know what to do! I heard its bad to even miss ONE day, but an entire week?!?!?! If I go to my normal doctor and explain what happened, will he be able to write a prescription for me?

So, I phoned my dermatologist office today to confirm my appointment for tomorrow, only to discover that he will be gone from Monday March 10th to Friday March 21st on vacation!!!! I only have 3 pills left and my last prescription had no refills on it! I don't know what to do! I heard its bad to even miss ONE day, but an entire week?!?!?! If I go to my normal doctor and explain what happened, will he be able to write a prescription for me?

You can miss dosings for about two weeks. It will still be at a therapeutic level in your system, so you should be ok, as long as you get it soon after they get back.

As far as I know, NO, your regular physician can not prescribe your Accutane refill because you're registered in iPledge with your dermatologist.