Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I read that you shouldn't put your face against your pillow to sleep, but i can only sleep on my side. How much does this effect your acne sleeping on your side and what are some ways i could minimuise the risks.

Thanks.

You should avoid having your face touch your pillow for the most part, because the oil from your hair rubs off onto the pillow, then onto your face if you're not careful. Maybe you can sleep with a shower cap. biggrin.gif

Guest Crooked I
You should avoid having your face touch your pillow for the most part, because the oil from your hair rubs off onto the pillow, then onto your face if you're not careful.  Maybe you can sleep with a shower cap.    :D

just go to sleep....dont try to lay like some freakin mummy....just sleep how you feel comfortable people....jeeez [-(

Aside from getting hair oils on your face, sleeping face down can also cause your skin to produce more oil, because it isn't getting as much air.

in a recent study, doctors found that acne sufferers tend to do better by sleeping in the upright position. This way, one's face, neck, and chest are free to 'breathe'. If one suffers from bacne, do not attempt to lean your back against any surface. Doing so will mean bacne for life. :^o

in a recent study, doctors found that acne sufferers tend to do better by sleeping in the upright position.  This way, one's face, neck, and chest are free to 'breathe'.  If one suffers from bacne, do not attempt to lean your back against any surface.  Doing so will mean bacne for life.  :^o

I was joking about the shower cap too! lol. I only brought up that point because I hear that some (crazy) girls (i.e. my sister) like to soak their hair in conditioner at night time, leave it in, and wear a shower cap over their head overnight for super soft hair. Just popped into my mind!

Grain of salt! Grain of salt!

...what women do for beauty. I don't even know the half of it! I wouldn't imagine that the hair/scalp is soaking wet to the bone. Just leave enough conditioner in your hair to make it nice and soft. Kinda like for your skin. =P