Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
metalman

Who has taken accutane for their back acne?

sorry if i've made some topics about this in the past.. I'm just quite confused and don't know If I should get accutane or not. Anyways.. the situation I'm in is that I have moderate back acne.. currently it feels as if I just have a couple small active pimples, but there is a lot of red marks and some scars from previous acne. I'm almost 19 and it seems like my back acne is getting better but I really am not too sure. I'm wondering it is worth it to wait another year or so and see if there is a big improvement.. or if I should just get accutane now (low dose for a long period of time I was thinking). If I wait another year or 2 i'm and there isn't any improvement i'll feel as if I just wasted a lot of time as I could have been done with the accutane.

So who here has taken accutane just for back acne.. and how effective was it? Would you recommend it? Anyone here notice that they are around my age and their body acne is starting to clear up on its own.

anyways.. sorry for rambling on.. thanks for any input

Hello. I just started tane for my back acne. I'm on my 3rd day. So far I havent noticed anything other than some mild dryness and thirst. The redness has gone down a bit.

It's all in what you want. For me, the decision to go on Acutane was an easy one. I became so self concious about my back that I didnt even want to take my shirt off in front of my husband.

:) What ever decision you make, just remember, IT's for you and for nobody else. Side effects are different from person to person.

I did it when I was 20 for body acne and I regret everyday that I didn't go on it sooner. So many scars could have been prevented. Although I guess my body acne was probably at it worst between 17-19. Still, I wish someone would have told me about it when I was 16.

I suffered from both facial and bacne all through my teens. My face eventually cleared up but my back never did (cystic, whiteheads and blackheads). I went to a new G.P. and when he saw my back he told me he had taken accutane and that I should try it. He referred me to a derm in the building and she prescribed tane. I wish I had known about it YEARS ago. My first course cleared me about 75% (it was severe) I just started my second course with alittle over a year between the two.

interesting.. I think I'm going to try and get some prescribed. Did you guys have initial breakouts. If I just take 20mg for a long course.. should this minimize the chance of an ititial breakout

one more question.. would taking accutane make me kind of dependant on it.. like what I have to keep taking courses every few years.. as opposed to if I didn't take it and maybe it would just go away naturally in a couple years?

thanks

Hi yes I succesfully used Accutane for back acne it worked very well i have been off accutane for over a year now and the back acne is still gone. Only sometimes I will find a small pimple or so. Unfortunatly my neck and Chestne is back so it did not cure every where completely :(

Hey. I was prescribed Roaccutane for severe Back and Chest acne in 2002. It improved both but do not expect miracles. To this day I still have active acne on my chest and shoulders. After taking Roaccutane I had lots of little white bumps appear over my chest/shoulders etc but they are not a major problem. Today I have 2 large red lumps on my shoulders and 6 red zits over my chest - I workout with weights all the time so I know testosterone levels are higher & I should be a hairy beast but the hairs cannot come through on the upper part of my chest or back at all - just the odd ones here or there etc. However I do not experience those horrible weeping sores I used to get pre-roaccutane. Seriously looking at BP and other regimens on this site.

Gladiator is right. It may not completely get rid of it, ever. I did one course and my body acne came back, although it was far weaker. However, I did get one other cystic acne spot which was the last straw. At that point I demanded another course of accutane. Apparently more than one course is usually normal. However, there are diminishing returns. See, accutane like shrinks your pores or something, so after one it shrinks so far, then after two it does some, but after awhile it stops changing it that much. However, accutane could help in your situation for preventing scars and helping you ease into older age where acne may go away for you. So you could get through the hard part easily.

Gladiator is right. It may not completely get rid of it, ever. I did one course and my body acne came back, although it was far weaker. However, I did get one other cystic acne spot which was the last straw. At that point I demanded another course of accutane. Apparently more than one course is usually normal. However, there are diminishing returns. See, accutane like shrinks your pores or something, so after one it shrinks so far, then after two it does some, but after awhile it stops changing it that much. However, accutane could help in your situation for preventing scars and helping you ease into older age where acne may go away for you. So you could get through the hard part easily.