Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coli25

dryness rediculous

I've been on the regimen for over 7 months and I've always had some dryness in the morning, but after I got done with the moisturizing porrtion of the regimen it was bareable. But now after I get out of the shower within 10 minutes my face is all flaky a little dry but flaky as hell. I try rinsing with everywhere from hot to extremely cold water each day to see if a certain temp would prevent it. I also tried just rinsing with water in the morning. I tried using less cleansing bar some days then other. REGARDLESS of all this Its terribly flaky and it seems when i put moisturizer on it, it makes it worse. The tape method actually isnt working. What should I do has anyone experianced this. On a side note when I shower in the afternoon/night ALOT less flakiness. The worst spots are my temple's, around my nose and eyes.

exfolate. This will fix the problem. Buy something especially made to do it. Or you can do it yourself. What I do, is take a mirror with me in the shower. Then I rub my finger over the area and rub all the dry skin off. Then you can apply moisturizer without getting all flakey. Try that once or twice a week. Skin will look younger too.

switch to a liquid cleanser...bars are more likely to cause drying. Reduce the time you spend washing your face to like 20 seconds or less ...don't rub or scrub - use gentle motions.

Exfoliation will help remove the flakiness but it won't address the dryness specifically.

Also, what moisturiser are you using?

Through trail and error I have found that the hotter the water you use the drier you face is after washing.

Try using lukewarm water when washing you face, if you want to shrink your pores and get the skin to contract a bit quicker use cold water (this is a natural toner.)

Try St Ives Sensitive Exfoliator once a week to get used to it, then after a months use (if you don't breakout more) use it twice a week.

If this does not work try Cetaphil Sensitive Cleanser. Eurcin Renewal or Neutrogena moisturiser is very good for dry skin.

I like what frances said, but would say 10 seconds is plenty for washing.

Also, Eucerin Renewal is far superior to the other moisturizers, so switch to that if you can.

-Dan

Im going to switch to liquid cleanser, but can anyone list some good "exfoliates" that are regimen approved. thanks guys

cleanser - try cetaphil, aquanil, moisturel, or basis comfortably clean cleanser.

exfoliant...try the eucerin renewal as Dan suggests. You use it as a day moisturiser and exfoliant in one and it seems to work in well with the regimen.