Notifications
Clear all

Quick questions about ACV

MemberMember
(@snack)

Posted : 03/12/2008 3:38 am

Figured I'd give it a try since I've heard so many wonderful things.

1). So theoretically could you get by with just a cleanser and ACV? If ACV is indeed acidic, I wonder if that would be a good idea or if you'd need to balance it with something.

2). I'm worried about an initial breakout. I'm going to dilute, but how slow should I start? Should I just try it out on a particular area and see what happens? What are the odds of this making my skin worse?

3). How many times a day should it be used and should I wash my face before or after?

Much obliged, guys!

MemberMember
(@mallory)

Posted : 03/12/2008 12:42 pm

i've been using acv religiously since thanksgiving and it has improved my skin tons!! (along with 50 mgs of zinc a day and vit e oil at night.)

1) i use my gentle cleanser, acv as a toner, then moisturize with cetaphil. that's it. ever since i've kept it simple lke this without changing my products around my skin has improved tons.

2)i definitely had an initial breakout. it only lasted a few days though. i also started with a 50/50 solution AND drank it in water everyday. so i started out pretty hard. not sure if gradually using acv will help or not. but there are lots of ppl who dont experience initial breakouts, too.

3)i always use my 50/50 acv/water solution am and pm after cleansing. i dont wash it off at all. i just let it dry for a few minutes and then moisturize, and in the am put on makeup.

good luck. :)

MemberMember
(@snack)

Posted : 03/12/2008 1:47 pm

i've been using acv religiously since thanksgiving and it has improved my skin tons!! (along with 50 mgs of zinc a day and vit e oil at night.)

1) i use my gentle cleanser, acv as a toner, then moisturize with cetaphil. that's it. ever since i've kept it simple lke this without changing my products around my skin has improved tons.

2)i definitely had an initial breakout. it only lasted a few days though. i also started with a 50/50 solution AND drank it in water everyday. so i started out pretty hard. not sure if gradually using acv will help or not. but there are lots of ppl who dont experience initial breakouts, too.

3)i always use my 50/50 acv/water solution am and pm after cleansing. i dont wash it off at all. i just let it dry for a few minutes and then moisturize, and in the am put on makeup.

Thanks!

Oh, one more question: I just came off Accutane a couple of months ago. Do you think that's going to be a problem?

MemberMember
(@iamluke)

Posted : 03/12/2008 5:49 pm

If you dilute it a bit, it shouldnt be a problem ACV wont irritate your skin that much if any at all, if it does though stop. You will get a bit red after the application though.

MemberMember
(@mallory)

Posted : 03/12/2008 8:31 pm

Thanks!

Oh, one more question: I just came off Accutane a couple of months ago. Do you think that's going to be a problem?

i'm not sure. i've never taken accutane, but from what i've experienced, acv has never been too harsh on my skin like it has been for some other people. i tend to be sensitive to lots of things, too? so my only suggestion is to try maybe a 1/3 or 1/4 acv/ water solution for a few days, and if your skin doesn't seem to be reacting strangely bump it up a bit!

MemberMember
(@chococat123)

Posted : 03/13/2008 11:27 am

Do you get an intial breakout from applying it on your skin or taking it orally?

MemberMember
(@snack)

Posted : 03/13/2008 12:24 pm

Do you get an intial breakout from applying it on your skin or taking it orally?

I haven't tried it yet. My skin is 95% clear at the moment and I'd sort of like to keep it that way. >_>

MemberMember
(@chocolatemap)

Posted : 12/26/2015 6:46 am

On 13/03/2008, 1054, mallory said:

i'm not sure. i've never taken accutane, but from what i've experienced, acv has never been too harsh on my skin like it has been for some other people. i tend to be sensitive to lots of things, too? so my only suggestion is to try maybe a 1/3 or 1/4 acv/ water solution for a few days, and if your skin doesn't seem to be reacting strangely bump it up a bit!

I've been using wescobee acv with honey for 2 days now. Topically and orally. And i've been breaking out so bad :( is this normal? I've had acne before but not like this. I'm kinda scared coz i'm not sure anymore lol.