Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bubbaloo

15 Years Of Acne,1st Time On Tane - Nervous and Excited!!

hey babe just seeing how your going. keep moisturising like 2-3 times daily everywhere! and use tons of vaseline! just saw you said about your gums and thinking about it mine have been abit more sensitive lately! didnt put 2 and 2 together LOL maybe from the tane but it doesnt hurt or anything just bleeds if i scrub real hard haha anyway take care and keep strong xxx

DAY 32

Hey, well another week has passed and still going well, went to the derm 4 days ago for my next "supply" and my dose has now been upped to 55mg (why they couldnt just make it 60 I have no idea!) per day. My skin is now drying out pretty heavily, though not on my face just everywhere else, hands especially! And I have noticed I cut myself so easily these days, I have 4 different cuts on my hands which I couldnt even tell you where they came from!

My nose and lips are still very dry and these are pretty painful, at times I cannot even smile. Nosebleeds are starting to become a regular thing too. Still using the aqueous cream, all over now, and it burns a little when appying but otherwise is doing the job with the flakes, oh and I only moisturise at night for now. I sometimes feel a little achy but this could be because Im quite an active person and have 2 children that keep me busy!

My skin is still looking quite good, had a HUGE spot on my lip and one on my chin which both are now starting to heal. Theres also a little one on my jaw but all in all its looking much better than it used to. My scars are still extremely visible without makeup but I guess I'll just have to wait patiently like everybody else lol!

Hope everybodys getting on ok, will try and add some pics to my update next week x

I know that feeling! Being so dry that you can't smile, which is extremely hard for me because I've been told I smile a lot yet I'm not conscious of it haha!

Although I'm only on day 3(just took my 3rd pill today), I'm feeling the dryness around my mouth and lips =X

I wish you good luck on the rest of your course =).

DAY 41

Well, its been a bit of a bad week this week and my side-effects are worsening :cry: The skin on my forehead is dry and scaly, the outside of my nose is peeling and the inside is a constant bloody mess. I have a terrible rash on both hands and it is now beginning to show up on my hips too for some strange reason! My lips are dry ALL the time, and are now cracked and split at the sides. And to top it off I am now suffering a breakout of cysts along my jaw (thought I'd got away with it for too long lol!).

So, my moisturisers just dont seem to be working anymore, I use aqueous cream during the day and Emu oil at night, I was wondering if anyone could please tell me what works best for them in heavy periods of dryness thats available to buy in the UK as I cant afford to wait the 2 weeks delivery from the US, I'm in danger of becoming a raisin lol!?

hey babe aww im sorry your not having such a good time at the mo all i can say is you need to moisturise more so even if you think once in morning once at night is enough it prob isnt. I only say that because i was doing it once-twice a day and thats when that rash started happening every where and it felt like sunburn as my skin was so dry so try slapping on loads of aqueous in morning everywhere and use enough to cover yourself so it has to soak in and then apply it again at some point in the day like after work or in lunch or when ever you can and again at night a pain in the bum it is but it really does work i really believe its because your not doing it enough after about 4 days of me doing it like this the rash was almost gone. as for lips never let them go dry always have vaseline or some other stuff on them and keep going with it it will get better think we all go through that crappy time then your body keeps adjusting now i only need to moisturise twice a day again and have no other side effects but dry lips/skin and spots seem to heal and dissappear quicker the more moisturiser you use i really think its coz your not putting it on reguarly enough even tho it feels like you are!! and use the aqueous at night instead of emu oil it will all calm down anyway give it a try this way what you got to loose xxx

Ah thanks pinkunicorns, do you know what I didnt even think of that lol! Its either the Tane's gone to my brain, or Im just REALLY not used to this moisturising lark lol!

I will definetely try to do it 3-4 times daily then, if I remember, and stick with the aqueous. Do you not think highly of the emu oil then? I'd heard so much good about it on here that I got a little pot of it on ebay to try, but doesnt seem to be doing much at the moment tbh! xx

oh no i really have nothing against emu oil ive never tried it i just know what worked for me and maybe you could use it aswell as moisturising 3-4 times im sure it is really good i just think the rash is prob from over dryness as i started to get it everywhere as i wasnt using enough xxx

Hey bubbaloo

Just wanted to check in with you since I haven't checked your log in a while. hopefully you are doing way better than you were last time you wrote us. I'm at the point right now where I see NO changes. (I just upped my dose to 60 mg a day.) No dry face, just DRY lips as usual. Anyways, good luck ! Let us know

Hi, i'm Louise 26/f/uk and I've just started Roaccutane on 14/05/08 so its 6 days today! I am interested in your log cos you are very similar to me!! Good Luck xxxxxxxx

hey bubbaloo, haven't heard from you in a long time, but i spose' you're just super busy. I'm eager to know about improvements of your skin. Just dropped by to let ya know i'm still thinkin' of ya. Good luck !