Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bubbaloo

15 Years Of Acne,1st Time On Tane - Nervous and Excited!!

Hi to all! Im a 27 yr old mother of two from England and have had acne for 15 years, mostly on my face around the chin and cheeks, also suffer from pretty bad icepick scarring and blemishes.

Well this is it, i always said Accutane was my last resort and today I picked up my first 30 day prescription. I weigh 55kg and am starting on 30mg. I'm nervous but so so so excited, have read about peoples progress on here and hope i too am one of the lucky ones!! Taking my first dose in the morning after breakfast,will try and get some pics up tomorrow as its getting late here, hope to speak to you soon!

DAY 1

Taken my first tablets today, felt a little sick afterwards but I know it was just nerves, sounds ridiculous but i'm just scared of the unknown! Started to apply carmex to my lips in preperation, really cant believe I'm gonna have dry skin soon, I've never had dry skin its gonna feel so weird! God i hope these next months go quickly though, im so impatient lol :rolleyes:

Thanks his pumpkin, means alot! Cant really talk about going on a super-strength acne tablet to the outside world so its nice to share a track of things here!

Good luck! I started last week on 20mg and so far all the side effects I have had are terrible headaches. I have been applying carmex like crazy and thankfully my lips have been good so far. Best of luck to you!

Thanks his pumpkin, means alot! Cant really talk about going on a super-strength acne tablet to the outside world so its nice to share a track of things here!

Thats so true his pumpkin, i too cant wait for that day (fingers crossed!!), i hope people arent polite enough to mention it lol! Beachgirl59, i had a small headache this morning but put it down to tiredness as my 6 month old gave me a rough night, I hope yours get better soon, and carmex is great stuff hey!

DAY 2

Well the 2nd dose of tablets went down well today, havent noticed any effects as yet which is good and no new spots have popped up. I forgot to mention the state of my skin in the last post, it actually looked quite clear when i began the Accutane, probably due to good time of the month, so I have about 4 small active spots around my mouth and 1 large one on my jawline. These have got no better but thankfully no worse - as yet! I also have 2 large ones on my back that are starting to go down.

Used some Simple moisturising facial wash this morning and that was strange, I'm used to putting on tea-tree wash so in comparison my face got greasy again within 2 hours of washing it, cant wait for this to stop!! Im really starting to look forward to going to bed because I know I can wake up and take my tablets lol!

hey hun good luck with the course you will be fine and it will all so be worth it at the end use tons of vaseline and moisturiser hehe keep us posted take care xx

DAY 3

So today I started to feel some effects of the Tane, mostly in my eyes they feel so tired but without the tiredness lol! I bought some eyedrops (Boots own brand) and they really seem to help. The other thing I've noticed is that I feel quite itchy all over, anyone else noticed this? Its mainly my face, neck and legs, bit embarrassing when in public! I also have a fairly large spot coming up on my chin but its not painful just visible. All in all still feel pretty well, but no dryness as yet!

DAY 4

Yep that spot has come up good and proper today and also have one on my cheek and jawline so the clear skin was nice while it lasted! I have been so busy taking care of my son today, as he has a stomach bug, that I havent really had time to notice the side effects today though do still feel quite itchy! I also slapped on my first application of moisturiser around the cheeks, eyes and nose as they all felt quite dry, am using aqueous cream for now and will see how that goes, had a bit of skin peeling off on my nose (like mild sunburn) and it seemed to sort that out. Still using the eyedrops and my eyes feel fantastic afterwards, was starting to get like tiredness headaches but these have really put a stop to them!

Hey Bubbaloo !

Welcome to the club ! Lol I started 'tane On March 4th? Can't quite remember since I'm at work with my mom (yes im 15!) and exhausted ! Anyways. Good luck :D Right about now, 'tane for me is starting to kick in. I experienced dry lips around day 5 or 6. Carmex might do the trick for a while but aquaphor is by far the best thing i've tried for chapped/ dry/ cracked lips & skin. So that's just a thought just in case. Come check out my journal & leave some support. I'll keep checking in with you & good luck !

Stay strong

-Stacey

Hi Bubbaloo

Just wanted to drop in and say hi. I've noticed that you and me are the same age and that we are also taking the same dose so it will be really interesting to see how you get on. I'm on day 31 and my skin is still breaking out but not half as bad as it was before I started. Expect things to dry out about the 2-3week mark if not before.

Good luck

Char x x

Thanks Stacey and Char, your support is most welcomed! I will definetely keep aquaphor in mind but my lips are pretty ok at the moment.

DAY 5

I am soooooo thirsty today its unreal! Got through 2 litres of water already and its only 11:30 am lol! I have also noticed that when standing near a heater for 5 minutes or so my skin goes bright red, does this mean I'm more sensitive to heat? God and summers coming, whatever will I look like, a beacon with acne lol! Feel pretty good overall though and no new spots today. The spot i had on my chin burst (sorry thats gross!) last night as I was washing my face, really gently as well, and bled and bled, my skin must be starting to get a little delicate so I know i must be more careful from now on to save more scarring. Thought I would add a pic of my acne as it is today aswell so you, and I can keep a track of whats happening!

post-72591-1205753735_thumb.jpg

post-72591-1205753735_thumb.jpg

Hey bubbaloo

thanks for checking out my blog. & thank you for your compliment. :D I get it all the time although I do not know if it's a good thing or a bad thing being too mature for my age.. Hmm? Lol anyways, your skin is probably getting more and more sensitive so be careful about that ! You're skin isnt too bad now. Looks great actually, check out my journal as i'll be posting up some picture soon. As for killing two birds with one stone, thats great isn't it ! One good thing about accutane :) Lol Well..

Stay strong and smile !

-Stacey

Thanks ChapinaCutie, just realised how bad that photo is, looks like i have a MASSIVE head on a tiny neck lol, I'll try and get a better one next time...

DAY 6

Well my goodness, where on earth did these dry lips come from??! Talked that up didnt I, yesterday they were fine, today they are bleeding all over the place!! So now I'm using Carmex and Vaseline and apply roughly every hour. Not alot else has changed, feel so tired but that could be because I had a rough night again! I think after tomorrow I'm going to start posting weekly as I think it will be a better update story and easier to follow, not alot to report skinwise, no new spots which is brilliant and can feel my forehead starting to go a bit dry so this stuff must be starting to work!

Congrats on starting it Bubbaloo I'm on day 68. good luck with your treatment, I encourage taking pictures cause when you look through them..

1. You realize how bad your acne really was

2. It is much more satisfying to see the drastic improvements afterwards, rather than the gradual change you will notice in real time.

I tell yah, I looked at mine today and was amazed and disgusted at my old face!!! How could I have thought I look O.K. LOL!!! You can see what I'm talking about in my Log, linked in my signature =D

Good luck!!!!!!!!

Thanks ChapinaCutie, just realised how bad that photo is, looks like i have a MASSIVE head on a tiny neck lol, I'll try and get a better one next time...

DAY 6

Well my goodness, where on earth did these dry lips come from??! Talked that up didnt I, yesterday they were fine, today they are bleeding all over the place!! So now I'm using Carmex and Vaseline and apply roughly every hour. Not alot else has changed, feel so tired but that could be because I had a rough night again! I think after tomorrow I'm going to start posting weekly as I think it will be a better update story and easier to follow, not alot to report skinwise, no new spots which is brilliant and can feel my forehead starting to go a bit dry so this stuff must be starting to work!

DAY 11

Well lucky old me caught the sickness bug so had to skip taking a tablet on day 7, just couldnt keep anything down! Hope this doesnt affect the course! So whats been happening, well my lips are sooooo dry and my bottom one is even swollen, the carmex is now going on every half hour, looked into Aquaphor ChapinaCutie but think its something you only get in the States, will have to see if theres an alternative over here!

Also my skin is starting to go really dry and flaky, especially on the forehead and chin, so applying the aqueous twice a day which really helps. My skin is so itchy too, i look like i have mild sunburn. Physically I feel fine just tired, which is the norm for me.

xXxXx (sorry dont know your name!) I've just read through your log, yeah your skins looking great, think I'll put up some new pics in a couple of weeks when I go back for my next prescription. I find keeping this log seems to make the time go quicker too, good luck to you and keep in touch!

Bubbaloo ! where have you gone to?

Well i'm sure you are busy busy busy ! Hopefully accutane is treating you kindly. Well... hope to hear from you soon just dropping by to let you know i'm still thinking of you ! Best of luck

xo Stacey

DAY 18

Hi Stacey, I'm still here haha but you're right, have been soooo busy as kids are off school! Hope things are good your end?

Well, this Accutane really seems to be kicking in now, have got majorly dry patches on my forehead and around my nose, in my nose too and had my first nose bleed a couple of days ago. I also seem to be getting the famous Tane rash on the back of my hands, slightly raised red bumps, which I've been moisturising like crazy!

My skin is looking good but bad if that makes sense, it definetely looks a little plumper and more even but at the moment I'm suffering the dreaded outbreak on my chin. Have about 8 cysts on the left side and 3 on the right, not good but should be used to it by now haha! Going out tonight so will have to watch the lighting as per usual, cant wait til these days are over (fingers crossed!)

I def. know what you mean about your skin looking good but bad. Ehhh i dunno. right now i'm at the point where i really see no changes but i'm not expecting any. I feel better about my skin now. Anyways good luck with your results ! i'm excited for you lol

DAY 25

Hi to all, hope you're well! This week has been a bit of a sore one, my goodness I am drying out EVERYWHERE! Face, lips, inside nose (really painful!!), and legs when I shave them! Still this all has to be good right?! Can anybody tell me what to stick up my nose to help the dryness? Sometimes its so sore I cant even smile! My gums seem to be quite sensitive aswell, have to brush and floss gently or they bleed. Still have the little rash on my hand but moisturizing keeps it at bay. And applying makeup is a nightmare at the moment, I look like a snake shedding its skin haha!

On the plus side my spots are looking quite reasonable, I have one cyst by the side of my mouth that just wont go away and several little pimples on my chin and left cheek. With the acne clearing at the mo I can see the scarring better, especially the ice-picks. Do I really have to wait a year after coming off to get these sorted or is it just precautionary? God I'm soooo impatient haha!

Well, in a couple of days I'm off to the doc's for more tests and hopefully my 2nd prescription! They mentioned upping my dose to 60mg per day if things went well this month so hopefully they do, will update next week!

hello Bubaloo!

if you have just plain old vaseline, use a q-tip and stick some up your nose, it will definetley help with the dryness. I had to switch to a sensitive toothpaste which will helped with the tenderness and gum bleeding.

Hope this helps!

Thankyou so much for your tips and well-wishing! I will definetely try the vaseline up the nose altagirl, gosh the things we have to do hey!! Anything for a bit of relief though. I already use sensitive toothpaste so think I'm just gonna have to switch my toothbrush to a soft bristled one and see if that works!