Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SakuraHime

Sakura-hime's MA & SA Regimen Log

I'm going to switch up when I use SA. My makeup looked pretty bad after putting it on, and it wore off a lot quicker.

Take Two with SA:

-Nucelle in the morning

-SA at night (and eventually get to where I could use both that and Nucelle)

We'll see how this works. ^_^ Skincare is so complicated. =P

Hey!

Dwhaa mentioned your post to me bc I use both MA and SA, plus others lol. Here's my thoughts that may or may not help you out, but I do hope they offer some suggestions you can use.

Background: Originally I was trying to get rid of everything in my drawer for acne treatments when I figured since nothing alone worked well, I might as well kind of 'cross train' using my various products by alternating them. For me, I think it has worked the best! By using each product individually at first, I found out what it did for my skin. Then, I simply look at my skin and decide what product I need at that particular time. I don't believe in irritating it bc it looks and behaves the very best when I'm kind to it. I merely give it what it needs and nothing more.

PM Routine:

Step #1 - Washing really well by spending enough time lathering and rinsing, then repeating. This step has become an essential for me. I read a thread where some people like to soak their faces in salt water or warm water for 20 minutes bc it works to clean their skin really well. Instead of soaking my skin I took that thought and decided I would spend MORE time on my skin than I used to spend washing it, kind of like when I'm in the shower, but over the sink as well. So when I shower or simply wash my face, I first use a cleanser to dissolve my makeup, then use very warm water to rinse it thoroughly off, maybe ten splashes. Then I repeat the procedure being sure I massage the cleanser gently into all the nooks of my face, then again splash about ten splashes until it's nice and clean, then follow up with cool water.

Step #2 - I immediately follow with one drop of jojoba oil (if I'm going to use it that night if my skin needs it) then I use an anti-aging serum of my choice, then eye cream, vasoline on my lips, let it sink in about 2 minutes, then I use my choice of MA, SA, lactic acid, glycolic acid, or nothing. I spot treat with tea tree oil. I have been using my choice of those various acids, which I will use for approx 3 days in a row, then switch, OR simply alternate. The two faves to alternate are the SA and MA. Most recently, I purchased sample packets of BHA 2% gel and BHA 2% lotion from Paula's Choice. I told Dwhaa I thought the lotion was the mildest and I will order the 2% gel AND 2% liquid as I've heard the liquid sinks right in. I would simply like to have the gel as well bc it has done such a wonderful job of continuing to keep my skin clean and clear, along with the MA.

Step #3 - If I need moisturizer, I will use it. However, I usually only use that during the day with an SPF in it.

AM Routine:

I follow Step #1 but in the shower. A lot of times I shower twice daily, so I simply do the process but using the shower instead of over the sink. Seriously, my pores have become the clearest after using MA, various SA products, but ALSO paying attention to my cleansing.

Step #2 - I use an anti-aging product of choice, followed 4 X per week with BP 2.5%. Then I use my SPF of choice that day, followed by OC Eight Mattifying Gel, then makeup which consists of spot coverage and an application of powdery makeup, blush, lip gloss, under eye cover, and mascara.

I have seen products with MA and SA in the same product. I did try using MA along with SA, just applied the SA first, then the MA, and to be honest, it didn't do any better of a job than using one or the other. BUT, the two things I use to control any breakouts if I feel them coming is the BP all over, like I said 4 times per week, and the tea tree oil to spot treat. I also will use Desitin occasionally over everything as an additonal spot treatment.

Somewhere along the line I had a pimple on my nose that I heat treated, then used some jojoba, then some tto, then some Desitin. I smeared a light coat of Desitin on my entire nose for a couple of nights in a row and my nose pores seemed extra clear. I will use some jojoba and caster oil to cleanse occasionally, then use a dab of cleanser to get most of the oil off, and that works really well at keeping everything moving out of the pores.

If you want to try taking your emu oil and putting a light coating on your nose, then use the MA or SA over that, the emu oil might help with the process. I have no idea if the Desitin was the magic bullet bc I only have one nose lol but I would love if someone else could try it out. The next paragraph is something I posted on another thread I was able to find again. It is very interesting bc of the results. I think it might have something to do with why my nose looked so clear after using the Desitin. For now, I simply do the above steps and it has kept my pores clear. I hope you enjoy the article.

This link pertains to a patent being obtained for cyclopolysaccharic acids obtained from juniper berries. I have no idea what the product is, or if it's available, but the part I found fascinating was at the end, the Case Studies A - E, where the active compositions were administered in an ointment base comprised of only 25% zinc oxide and other additionals. I understand the zinc oxide wasn't the active ingredient they were testing, and might have had nothing to do with the results, however, other places online list zinc oxide (and original formula Desitin has 40% zinc oxide) as something that helps acne along with other skin problems. Read the case studies at the bottom area of the article: http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/4898852-description.html

Hope something I said helps you out! Good luck!

Thanks so much for your post! It's great to hear another SA/MA user's experiences. Right now the SA is really bringing my blackheads up to the surface. It looks a little ugly at the moment, but hopefully when the bad is gone my skin will improve immensely. ^_^

Does tea tree oil do a good job at spot treating? Where do you buy yours? I've never tried it before. Cyclopolysaccharic acid looks very interesting...we'll have to keep an eye on that!

How is your skin right now? Is it mostly clear? The thing I hate most about my acne is the redmarks. =( Do you use any products that help get rid of them?

Thanks for posting!

Hey!

Dwhaa mentioned your post to me bc I use both MA and SA, plus others lol. Here's my thoughts that may or may not help you out, but I do hope they offer some suggestions you can use.

Background: Originally I was trying to get rid of everything in my drawer for acne treatments when I figured since nothing alone worked well, I might as well kind of 'cross train' using my various products by alternating them. For me, I think it has worked the best! By using each product individually at first, I found out what it did for my skin. Then, I simply look at my skin and decide what product I need at that particular time. I don't believe in irritating it bc it looks and behaves the very best when I'm kind to it. I merely give it what it needs and nothing more.

PM Routine:

Step #1 - Washing really well by spending enough time lathering and rinsing, then repeating. This step has become an essential for me. I read a thread where some people like to soak their faces in salt water or warm water for 20 minutes bc it works to clean their skin really well. Instead of soaking my skin I took that thought and decided I would spend MORE time on my skin than I used to spend washing it, kind of like when I'm in the shower, but over the sink as well. So when I shower or simply wash my face, I first use a cleanser to dissolve my makeup, then use very warm water to rinse it thoroughly off, maybe ten splashes. Then I repeat the procedure being sure I massage the cleanser gently into all the nooks of my face, then again splash about ten splashes until it's nice and clean, then follow up with cool water.

Step #2 - I immediately follow with one drop of jojoba oil (if I'm going to use it that night if my skin needs it) then I use an anti-aging serum of my choice, then eye cream, vasoline on my lips, let it sink in about 2 minutes, then I use my choice of MA, SA, lactic acid, glycolic acid, or nothing. I spot treat with tea tree oil. I have been using my choice of those various acids, which I will use for approx 3 days in a row, then switch, OR simply alternate. The two faves to alternate are the SA and MA. Most recently, I purchased sample packets of BHA 2% gel and BHA 2% lotion from Paula's Choice. I told Dwhaa I thought the lotion was the mildest and I will order the 2% gel AND 2% liquid as I've heard the liquid sinks right in. I would simply like to have the gel as well bc it has done such a wonderful job of continuing to keep my skin clean and clear, along with the MA.

Step #3 - If I need moisturizer, I will use it. However, I usually only use that during the day with an SPF in it.

AM Routine:

I follow Step #1 but in the shower. A lot of times I shower twice daily, so I simply do the process but using the shower instead of over the sink. Seriously, my pores have become the clearest after using MA, various SA products, but ALSO paying attention to my cleansing.

Step #2 - I use an anti-aging product of choice, followed 4 X per week with BP 2.5%. Then I use my SPF of choice that day, followed by OC Eight Mattifying Gel, then makeup which consists of spot coverage and an application of powdery makeup, blush, lip gloss, under eye cover, and mascara.

I have seen products with MA and SA in the same product. I did try using MA along with SA, just applied the SA first, then the MA, and to be honest, it didn't do any better of a job than using one or the other. BUT, the two things I use to control any breakouts if I feel them coming is the BP all over, like I said 4 times per week, and the tea tree oil to spot treat. I also will use Desitin occasionally over everything as an additonal spot treatment.

Somewhere along the line I had a pimple on my nose that I heat treated, then used some jojoba, then some tto, then some Desitin. I smeared a light coat of Desitin on my entire nose for a couple of nights in a row and my nose pores seemed extra clear. I will use some jojoba and caster oil to cleanse occasionally, then use a dab of cleanser to get most of the oil off, and that works really well at keeping everything moving out of the pores.

If you want to try taking your emu oil and putting a light coating on your nose, then use the MA or SA over that, the emu oil might help with the process. I have no idea if the Desitin was the magic bullet bc I only have one nose lol but I would love if someone else could try it out. The next paragraph is something I posted on another thread I was able to find again. It is very interesting bc of the results. I think it might have something to do with why my nose looked so clear after using the Desitin. For now, I simply do the above steps and it has kept my pores clear. I hope you enjoy the article.

This link pertains to a patent being obtained for cyclopolysaccharic acids obtained from juniper berries. I have no idea what the product is, or if it's available, but the part I found fascinating was at the end, the Case Studies A - E, where the active compositions were administered in an ointment base comprised of only 25% zinc oxide and other additionals. I understand the zinc oxide wasn't the active ingredient they were testing, and might have had nothing to do with the results, however, other places online list zinc oxide (and original formula Desitin has 40% zinc oxide) as something that helps acne along with other skin problems. Read the case studies at the bottom area of the article: http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/4898852-description.html

Hope something I said helps you out! Good luck!

Day 76. The SA is really bringing a lot of the dirt from my skin up to the surface which in turn causes more acne. It'll be worth it if I can purge my skin and keep it purged.

Right now I am doing to following:

AM: Nucelle Mandelic Acid Daily (it goes great under my make up)

PM: Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel Nightly and 2.5% Dan's BP every other night

Maybe this is the right combination to unlock the mystery of clear skin for me....*crosses fingers)

Overall Skin grade: B-

Redmarks: B-

Active Acne: B- (Due to IB for SA)

---

Forehead: Clear. No redmarks.

Nose Area: Several superficial pimples forming from the SA.

Cheeks: I haaate. My left cheek (which has clusters of ugly and slow to leave redmarks) is breaking out due to the SA. There were a LOT of blackheads, so hopefully that's why it's breaking out. The pimples are all very small. (thank goodness)

Upper Lip: Clear. There is one redmark that is gradually shrinking...still. =P

Chin: New clusters of small acne from SA. I had quite a few blackheads there as well.

---

The other day I bought some Physician's Formula make up for the first time. I'm still testing it out to see how it works with my skin and such. It went on really nice, but I bought a shade too dark in the pressed powder. Does CVS take back makeup of the wrong shade? I've never done that before...

Right now the SA is really bringing my blackheads up to the surface. It looks a little ugly at the moment, but hopefully when the bad is gone my skin will improve immensely. ^_^

I think both the MA and SA has brought about good results with some people clearing out their pores. BUT if your SA and MA aren't moving the crud out quick enough over time, you could give the other ideas I suggested a try.

Does tea tree oil do a good job at spot treating? Where do you buy yours? I've never tried it before.

For me, TTO works wonders. I know some people don't like it or it's too harsh for their skin. My skin handles things pretty well, but what I've read on the internet is to cut the TTO with another carrier oil, which in my case is jojoba. I can use it straight but since I put on my other products and use the TTO as a final spot treatment, if you think about it, I've already cut it with my other products. Sometimes, if I think a spot is coming up and it feels like it might be a problem, as soon as I can, I dab on a little jojoba (you would use your emu) and then a little dab of TTO right over it after I use the warm compress. I've even put Desitin over that. Not kidding you, each and every single time, it works wonders to reduce whatever redness/swelling, pain is starting. Acnebattle (Molly) likes to use a rooibos tea bag, which could be used instead of dipping the corner of a washcloth into warm/hot water to put on the spot. For me, a combo of the heat, and topicals works great!

I bought mine from the health food store in my area. They have it in The Vitamin Shoppe, health food stores, Outpost, whole foods, and just today when I was at Walgreens I noticed they had a TTO by the vitamins which surprised me. Then they also had two different kinds by the Burt's Bees section of products. I believe they were the Jason line. It is usually 100% Melaleuca oil, Australian tea tree oil. This way you can cut it by dabbing on a touch of your emu oil first, then top it with tto. Do a search for tto and see everything that comes up.

How is your skin right now? Is it mostly clear? The thing I hate most about my acne is the redmarks. =( Do you use any products that help get rid of them?

Yes. My skin has looked the best it has ever looked. To keep it looking its best I follow a routine pretty regularly, but I'm not a fanatic. I usually hike with my husband 3.5 - 5 miles per day 5 - 6 days per week. Exercise is very important for health in general, not just skin, although I seriously think when I exercise my oil generation lessens. It's probably bc my body is busy keeping me exercising to worry about oil production lol.

Next I make sure I take vitamins, supplements you've read around the org, and in general watch what I eat. I really don't like eating bad foods much but I definitely don't get crazy about what I eat, just as long as I keep everything in moderation.

Throughout my life I've always broken out about every 3 weeks with about 2-4 different types of pimples. So I never knew what I would get basically. Yes I have redmarks but not alot. I have found the faster I get to the warm water compress if needed along with the spot treatment, keep the spots nice with a little dab of Neosporin so they don't get hard, and the best I keep them looking like skin while they are healing, the less of a redmark they make. But, the SA and MA keep them fading and making them easier to cover. BUT, since the addition of the MA and SA, I am breaking out less frequently than every 3 weeks and when I do, it's with maybe 1 or 2 little nothings. Again, I really believe it's bc when I do feel something, I get to the above treatment ASAP! I will spot treat the redmarks with a little extra MA. I use a little makeup brush, like a lip brush size, to apply the MA as a spot treatment to the redmarks. I think it takes time to fade them, but the MA seems to aid in the progress. No miracle or believe me, I would be posting it all over the forum lol. Redmarks and oil production are the bane of my existence!

I definitely still use the BP to help with my skin too remember. Once you know what each specific product does for your skin, you can simply look at your skin and adjust your products for what it needs at the time. I think that would probably be my best advice. That's how I came up with the cleansing more than one little amount of time. I simply discovered my skin likes a little more time in the water after all that talk about soaking in water lol.

Also, if your skin can handle it, I have on occasion applied the SA, let it sink in approx 30 minutes, then applied the BP over it. I have read the SA does its thing clearing out the pores and allows the BP to penetrate. I don't know if that's the case, but I do know my skin totally handled it fine AND I then could use the BP at night on occasion for a few days to straighten out what I felt was my skin becoming unruly lol. I have always controlled any purging I think by using BP bc I didn't wanna end up with more redmarks.

Good luck!

Day 83. I'm getting married in two months!! The date is July 26th. ^_^ Originally it was planned for next spring, but the (expensive) place we're holding it at had a cancellation then. They were offering 50%, so I couldn't refuse the ability to invite everyone I want to versus half of them.

Anyways!! Back on to the topic of acne. I don't know how my face will look on that day, but I'm going to deal with it the best I can. ^_^ Yay optimism.

Overall Skin grade: B+

Redmarks: B

Active Acne: A-

---

Forehead: Clear. No redmarks.

Nose Area: Clear. Two very light and easy to cover redmarks.

Cheeks: There's one new zit on the left near my jawbone. No other new activity. The red marks look a little lighter.

Upper Lip: Clear. The redmark is still there but a lot lighter.

Chin: There was one new one that I zapped. Redmarks are still there, but lighter.

My routine has been doing a pretty good job so far! *crosses fingers*

A big congrats! :clap::dance: Getting married is so exciting and wonderful. It was one of the best days of my life. I got married on Friday the 13th! Obviously no one wanted to book that date, so I got a great deal too!

OMG - Congratulations and Best of Luck to you and your new hubby!!! :boogie: That is so great that you will now be able to have everyone attend bc of the price reduction! It will make it all that much more worth it for lots of reasons! If I could give you one word of advice for your special day, and really any memorable occasion, it would be that you fully take in the day, every single moment of it, so it's locked in your heart and soul for the rest of your life. I wanted to be totally aware of everything going on and took the time to simply look around and absorb. It's amazing how much you can remember so many years later by simply relaxing enough to enjoy the day and 'taking the time to smell the roses' because it goes by SO fast!

Anyways!! Back on to the topic of acne. I don't know how my face will look on that day, but I'm going to deal with it the best I can. Yay optimism.

Last night I was reading this thread about red marks and didn't know if you've seen this before so I'm passing it along to you in case you missed it. I never used it but the OP is finding wonderful results with it. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...p;#entry2310634

I wish you the very best with your skin but remember no one really will even notice your skin. You will have your prettiest makeup on, and your touchup kit with you, and they will be too busy looking at your ring, your hair, your gown, and best of all... your beaming smile!!! What fun! You must be sure to let us know how it all went. We're counting down the days with you...

Haha I can't believe Dwhaa got married on Friday the 13th lol but some people, like my daughter who has always been number 13 on her sports teams, LOVES the number 13 and considers it good luck! So it served you well Dwhaa!

Yeah, June, Friday the 13th! and still happily married! You just never know!

I agree with Justamom, I wish I could have done a better job of enjoying every part of the day! It is something that I always say to folks getting married too! It was one of the best days of my life, I mean it.

^^^^^Yes I totally agree! I think when you have put so much effort into your very special day and that day arrives, it's time to simply savor and cherish every beautiful moment - ahhhhh wedding bliss and romance!!! :wub:

Aww, thank you so much everyone! ^_^ Your kind words mean a lot! I'm super excited for my big day. I will try my best to savor and cherish every moment of the day, and I won't let any small thing that goes "wrong" ruin it. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm stressed or nervous because it's so soon, but I'm really not as bad as you would think. I'm totally enjoying every aspect of the planning. Already I've found a new photographer and musicians. Luckily my uncle is our pastor and the cake/flowers will be done by a good family friend. Hehe...

I'm definitely going to post pictures! :D You're all right about my skin. I'll have my good friend concealer and best buddy foundation to help me cover my blemishes! Acne and redmarks are just part of my skin right now, and I'm going to pretend they're not even there on my wedding day.

---

Dwaa - Friday the 13th is such a cool day to get married on!! :D I'm definitely going to enjoy the entire wedding day!! ^__^ (Like I had said above) The more I talk about it, the more excited I become!

JustaMomToo - I'm going to order a bottle of Potent Botanical Skin Brightening Gel Complex tonight! Before you mentioned that product, I had never heard of it. (I haven't been participating as much on the boards due to wedding planning.) It looks really cool! Do you think it would take the place of my SA at night? Hm...It's hard to find where to put new products into a routine.

Yay for pictures and best buddy concealers and foundations lol. The best YAY, however, goes to the fact regarding your spots, you will "...pretend they're not even there on my wedding day." I hope one day each and every person on this board can find peace with their skin so much so that they all can just forget about skin and be the person they all want to be!

Incorporating products into regimens can be a bit of a challenge I SO agree! I was thinking of a few things here so you can mull them over and hopefully someone would actually know and post. Since SA is a reallllllly good product and I seriously am in love with Paula's Choice BHA, I wouldn't want to stop using any of the products you're using now because you've been getting such good results from them (knock on wood) and your wedding is very close. I would want to continue using the products that my skin has been responding well to and simply add in the new product.

BUT, you could PM the OP of that thread (I've never used that product) and ask her how she goes about using it and see if that helps you out. Also, you could look up the Peter Thomas Roth website, read about the product before you actually get it, and also contact them via email or phone, and ask for their suggestion. I almost think you could use it by simply spot treating the red marks like you would active spots with your spot treatment product of choice.

I had some little discoloration on my cheek from an old blemish that was the leftover brownish color. Each night after all my topicals (MA or SA or GA) I simply used a small brush, the size of a lip brush, and dabbed some extra MA over it. It took steady usage each night on the spot for a couple - a few weeks, but it went away. Not to get too excited.... lol.... it doesn't work that well on other red marks or I'd be singing praises all over the board for MA.... but I don't really have much to worry about so I don't lol.

So I wonder if you could simply spot treat with that product. Since the MA and SA will also help with discolorations, and they also help with other things for your skin, I wouldn't want to stop them but merely add in the new product since stopping the spots from forming is the number one priority!

Good luck and keep us posted. And of course you shouldn't be around the boards silly... you're getting married... you should be doing all that fun marriage stuff!!!

I did order the product, and I'm going to try spot treating like you mentioned. Before, I've put extra MA on the spots, but it dried my skin out after repeatedly doing so. For some bizarre reason, I have a feeling that this product will help. My red marks are much lighter than before, but if they could just become half as red as they are now it would make me soooo happy. I'm hopeful! ^_^

I definitely love MA and SA (Paula's Choice). They don't turn my face beet red like BP, and they do wonders for controlling acne and creating a beautiful complexion. :D

I'm not going to drastically change my regimen in any way to avoid any sort of IB before my wedding. Afterwards I may experiment though! =P My mother went into my bathroom one day and was amazed at how many products I have everywhere. She asked if I used them all. Hah! I told her I'm always buying something new and trying to find the 'answer' to my acne. =P I feel wasteful sometimes, but there must be a way to minimize this acne! Right now I feel like I'm getting closer and closer. Just call me a mad scientist! It *is* mixing a bunch of chemicals and acids together.

I took my dress in the be altered yesterday and can't wait to get it back. ^_^ It's really princessy, sparkly, and fluffy. The place we're getting married at is called Landoll's Mohican Castle ( http://www.landollsmohicancastle.com/), and we're going to have a horse and carriage to ride off in! Haha...I love feeling like a princess. =) Can't wait until that day comes!!

How cool is that place! That looks exciting and a complete dream come true! I am very interested in that product too, let me know if you see improvement asap!

How cool is that place! That looks exciting and a complete dream come true! I am very interested in that product too, let me know if you see improvement asap!

I did order the product, and I'm going to try spot treating like you mentioned. Before, I've put extra MA on the spots, but it dried my skin out after repeatedly doing so. For some bizarre reason, I have a feeling that this product will help. My red marks are much lighter than before, but if they could just become half as red as they are now it would make me soooo happy. I'm hopeful! ^_^That's really funny bc that's why I came on the org tonight. I decided to read up on the product to see all the ingredients and I thought they sounded VERY promising so I wanted to mention it. Here are the key ingredients listed and what it said about them: Azelaic Acid reduces the growth of bacteria and reduces pigmentation. Kojic Acid replenishes moisture. Vitamin C protects against free radical damage. Salicylic Acid prevents breakouts and stimulates cell renewal. Then, as if that weren't good enough, it continues with even MORE ingredients that would benefit marks: Purified Water, Glycolic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Kojic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf (Bearberry) Extract, Morus Alba Leaf (Mulberry) Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Ammonium Hydroxide, SD Alcohol, Sodium Bisulfite, Sodium Sulfite, Glycerin, Methylparaben, BHT, Diazolidinyl Urea. I realllllly feel pretty good about those bleaching ingredients so I'm hoping your red marks will lighten up drastically.

I definitely love MA and SA (Paula's Choice). They don't turn my face beet red like BP, and they do wonders for controlling acne and creating a beautiful complexion. :D I have to agree with you 100%. I always used an SA product, so that was nothing new for me, but since sampling then purchasing a full size of Paula's Choice 2% BHA gel and liquid, I am SO in love with the way it makes my skin feel! I simply rotate one day my MA, the next my SA, then once in a while my glycolic.. for my night regimen.. after thoroughly washing my face, concentrating on doing a good job. That has been the best regimen for me so far, in addition to using BP approximately 4X per week in the AM over my anti-aging products, then sunscreen and then makeup.

I'm not going to drastically change my regimen in any way to avoid any sort of IB before my wedding. Afterwards I may experiment though! =P My mother went into my bathroom one day and was amazed at how many products I have everywhere. She asked if I used them all. Hah! I told her I'm always buying something new and trying to find the 'answer' to my acne. =P I feel wasteful sometimes, but there must be a way to minimize this acne! Right now I feel like I'm getting closer and closer. Just call me a mad scientist! It *is* mixing a bunch of chemicals and acids together.

Definitely a good idea not to use new products bc you're getting such wonderful results with the ones you're using now (knock wood). That's also why I thought simply spot treating the marks with the new PTR product would be the best way to go as you continue your favs while simply adding a little dip of it here and there.

After you're married and everything settles down and you can experiment, then that's the time to do so. Buying all those products is what made me decide to go through my 'product drawer' and use everything up. That's how I stumbled upon using more than one product for my regimen and like you, it worked! Using each one by itself never yielded the good results I've gotten by using the few products I now use. So I was able to use the products I hoarded lol and ended up getting my best results doing so. I hate wasting products too, that's why I used them lol. I can imagine your mom's face when she saw all those products if she isn't used to doing that herself lol. My family knows to expect 'extra' products so before they purchase something themselves, they usually first ask if I have it lol. I feel like such a drug store lol.

I took my dress in the be altered yesterday and can't wait to get it back. ^_^ It's really princessy, sparkly, and fluffy. The place we're getting married at is called Landoll's Mohican Castle ( http://www.landollsmohicancastle.com/), and we're going to have a horse and carriage to ride off in! Haha...I love feeling like a princess. =) Can't wait until that day comes!!

Your dress sounds absolutely magnificent - fit for a princess on her wedding day! And WOW... that place looks like it will be a fabulous place to enjoy your big day!!! Ahhhh the carriage ride off into the sunset would rock my world! It will be SO fun and the pictures will come out SO gorgeous!!! Love it!! :hifive:

Hey Everyone!!!

Sorry it's taken me so long to post here. It's been crazy with the whole wedding and moving to a new city. ^^

My wedding day was picture perfect. Everything went as great as it could have. The week of my wedding, I was hoping and praying that my acne wouldn't suddenly flare up. With all the stress and abnormal diet from wedding preparations, it could have very easily happened. My face was the clearest it has been in a very, very long time. While I was getting my hair done and I hadn't put any make up on, the photographer came it to get some shots. I totally freaked out and said I didn't have my make up on, but everyone thought that I looked beautiful without it. Wow. I haven't heard that in a long time. All I had were some red marks and a few very small hyperpigmented spots which were easily hidden with makeup. ^_^

Since I've been married, life has gotten busier and I don't have as much time to obsess over my face. My regimen has been the following and I don't think I will change it for a long time:

Morning:

Nucelle 10% Mandelic Acid

Dove SPF 15 Moisturizer

Physicians formula Make Up (I've grown to love!)

Evening:

Wash with Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Cleanser (I lost my DK cleanser on my honeymoon!)

Nucelle 10% Mandelic Acid (Sometimes I'll replace this with DK BP Gel if I feel extra breakoutish)

Spot treat Active Acne with 10% BP Gel

Emu Oil <333

It kept me clear for my wedding day and has kept me from huge breakouts. Hormonal acne will forever plague me. -_- I get a few zits around the week of my period, and 2 weeks after. *le-sigh*

I promised you guys some wedding photos! Here they are (I Hope):

IMG_0888.jpg

This one is my FAVORITE! ^_^ We were just announced husband and wife...Our genuine happiness really shines through.

100_0736.jpg

Another nice one.

100_0859.jpg

Me with my flowergirl, Princess Penny Pookie Poo! (She's my 2 year old Shih Tzu. ^_^)

I don't want to post too many! (I'm unsure about how many are allowed...) There are a lot of other ones I haven't uploaded onto my computer yet.

****The pictures didn't post, but you could just copy/paste the links. ^_^****

You look stunning! Congrats - I hope it was everything you wanted it to be! Now the hard part comes actually. My wish is that you grow to love each other everyday and make it through the good times, the rough times, and all of those regular days in between!

Congrats to you!!! U look gorgeous and happy...

yes...i believe the real beauty is the inner beauty...

I wishes you the best in your marriage and finding the real happiness of your life!

do you use paula's choice liquid, gel or cream?

I was using the gel. It seems to get a little sticky and weird under make-up, so I only used it at night. I've not tried the liquid or cream yet.