Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Murmur

Switched from DIM to progesterone cream and my skin is clear

Hi guys,

I've been out of town since last week but wanted to check in and say that the progesterone cream is keeping me clear. To recap, I took DIM (EstroBalance) for a month with great results, quit for about a week, broke out somewhat, and then started using progesterone cream. I've been on the progesterone cream for one week now and my skin looks just as good as it did when I was taking the DIM, which is amazing considering I was in LA eating burritos and cupcakes, sleeping weird hours, etc etc.

I do have pictures and I'll upload them soon and post a few here (tonight hopefully).

I read yesterday that Progesterone Cream is used in the treatment of acne (and the problems that are associated with it like PCOS, hair loss, etc) which is caused by androgens (I'll have to read more about it because I dont remember how it works).

In fact, 1 month ago, my best friend was given progesterone cream by her doctor because of excessive androgens.

I think its interesting how closely the estrogen problems tie in with the androgen problems. Its like one big knot that needs to be unwraveled =P.

Thats great! Can you let us know how other "effects" (mood, weight, sleep, libido, etc) compare?

Thanks always!

Awesome, so you think you've found your solution then?

And one quick question: I've been hormone tested several times and they

all reported very low progesterone and some other ones out of whack, and

I've used progesterone cream and it had zero effect on my skin and anything

else, so does this mean DIM won't work for me if progesterone didn't?

Thats great! Can you let us know how other "effects" (mood, weight, sleep, libido, etc) compare?

Thanks always!

I've really been wanting to try progesterone cream; I think it makes more sense than DIM.

Which brand are you using?

Hard to find a lot of "factual" information on Progesterone Cream as far as males are concerned. Just a few websites. I bought some, the "mens" formula when I bought DIM, but I'm not sure I want to try it without knowing more about it.

Hard to find a lot of "factual" information on Progesterone Cream as far as males are concerned. Just a few websites. I bought some, the "mens" formula when I bought DIM, but I'm not sure I want to try it without knowing more about it.

Maybe you live somewhere else, but in America progesterone cream is only available through presecription. It's probably a similar case in other regions.

OTC progesterone creams are most likely just yam extract. It's true that progesterone can be metabolized through yam extract, but your body can't do it, thus OTC progesterone creams are fake.

Yam extract is good for you nevertheless though, so there's no harm in using it.

I used progesterone cream for a few weeks too and it also improved my skin. I used the same one you're using, Pro-Gest. Good stuff. If I trusted myself to remember the schedule so I didn't screw up my hormones/cycle I'd use it, because it does work. The Pro-Gest you have, is it the "paraben-free" version. Getting one with parabens in it kind of defeats the point being as how parabens are estrogenic.

I read yesterday that Progesterone Cream is used in the treatment of acne (and the problems that are associated with it like PCOS, hair loss, etc) which is caused by androgens (I'll have to read more about it because I dont remember how it works).

In fact, 1 month ago, my best friend was given progesterone cream by her doctor because of excessive androgens.

Maybe you live somewhere else, but in America progesterone cream is only available through presecription. It's probably a similar case in other regions.

My progesterone cream is OTC and it is definitely not fake. It's called Pro-Gest by Emerita, and it's "USP."

The Pro-Gest you have, is it the "paraben-free" version. Getting one with parabens in it kind of defeats the point being as how parabens are estrogenic.

I used progesterone cream for a few weeks too and it also improved my skin. I used the same one you're using, Pro-Gest. Good stuff. If I trusted myself to remember the schedule so I didn't screw up my hormones/cycle I'd use it, because it does work. The Pro-Gest you have, is it the "paraben-free" version. Getting one with parabens in it kind of defeats the point being as how parabens are estrogenic.

I'm interested in trying progesterone cream, but what is this "schedule" you speak of? Do you not just use it every day? Do you have to time it with your menstrual cycle or something? Murmur, do you follow some kind of schedule? I saw the cream you're using at Whole Foods today and was very tempted to buy it, but I think I need to do some more research first.

Awesome, so you think you've found your solution then?

And one quick question: I've been hormone tested several times and they

all reported very low progesterone and some other ones out of whack, and

I've used progesterone cream and it had zero effect on my skin and anything

else, so does this mean DIM won't work for me if progesterone didn't?

Ive got dim and the progesterone cream but I am scared to use them. I have been using Urine Therapy for a few weeks now and have seen great results but I had an outbreak this weekend and I think its because my urine can sometimes be better for using on my skin that other times depending on my diet.

I think that urine works on me because its full of all the hormones my body was unable to absorb. Could progesterone cream work the same as the topical urine therapy?

Anyone else here tried Urine Therapy for hormone imbalance?