Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DAY 1

Well I decided to start keeping one of these logs because it is supposed to "help" you cope with the shit accutane throws at ya. So, here I am starting my first and hopefully last acne log.

First off a little bit about me. I am a 16 year old male, about 160 lbs, starting on 40 mg a day. I just popped my first pill tonight and wow was I suprised at how small that little sucker is! For some reason I was envisioning a huge pill that would take forever to swallow. lol

So anyway, not like I would have any side effects after taking the pill two hours ago, but here is my current condition.

Side Effects: None

Current Condition: No new active pimples, but a lot of old ones, chin and jawline most heavily effected. I am not sure why but my face is really clear for some reason, I am having a good day! Oh well that will change soon I am sure.

Well thats it for Day One! I will post some pix up tommorow if anybody wants to see my ugly mug ;)

- Kawaisou

good luck on tane! i'm on my 2nd week right now and its been a little rollercoaster ride...(as it is for almost everyone else) so always keep our heads up and know that whatever comes during these months we will have clear skin in the end :D

haha i only know how to read 4 words from your title... :doh: jap is too hard!

Good luck my friend! I start on the 25th. Accutane support buddies:)

Just think, in about four months this hellish ordeal will be over with (supposedly that is when most people become really clear). Keep strong! Buy some aquaphor. I hear it's gold.

Don't forget to drink water and wear chapstick. haha.

Do you know if it is okay to exercise on tane?

DAY 3

Well it is already day 3 in my acne battle! My face is still MAD CLEAR, just a bunch of old pimples, and one tiny new one! But other than that, nothing! I really am baffled as to why my face has cleared so quickly before accutane, now that I am on my third day, I just am praying to avoid that IB!!!

Side Effects: Lips are kinda sore, could be geeting ready to chap

Current Condition: Pretty clear, just a lot of old scaring and one new zit.

Well thats pretty much it! See everybody tommorow! ^_^

Japanese of the day: Acne。orgãŒå¤§å¥½ãã ã‚ˆï¼(Acne.org ga daisuki dayo!) (I LOVE acne.org!)

ã˜ã‚ƒã‚ãªï¼

- Kawaisou

Good to hear from you. Today is Day 3 for me too. I take my pill with my evening meal, that way if for some reason I do get really tired or have any strange side effects, hopefully I can sleep through them.

The only thing I have noticed is that my mouth is very dry and I seem to not be able to get enough water. My shoulders, back and arms have been very itchy. So I hope that if I stick to my routine I will be ok. I moisturize my face in the morning and at night and I also use a coco butter lotion over my entire body before going to bed. Carmex chapstick is for severe chapped lips and I used it before so I hope that I can continue with it because I really like it.

I do believe that you can still work out while on tane. Exercise not only makes you feel better, it WILL help you with your energy! Trust me. I used to be the laziest woman around. Once you get moving everything is great. And you will feel like a million bucks after. Exercise also helps with depression and anxiety! It will help with alot of the side effects that some have while on tane! Check out this link..... http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/depressio...xercise/MH00043

It's all about willpower...some have it and some dont. Best of luck to you! Keep in touch!

~Terra :wub:

Thanks for the support guys! Seems a lot of people are starting around this time! Good know others are expirencing their first mystery week too! Soshite~~~

DAY 4

Well it is Day 4 on Accutane and a helluva rainy one here in PAN. Busy day from start finish, so I was pretty wiped when I got home. But with the tea on the stove, and wrapped up in a nice warm blanket, I cant think of any other place I would rather be now! Today was a good day, and the best day....FRIDAY! yattaaaa!

Side Effects: Lips are begining to chap, redness and sore lips. Skin is showing signs of wanting to start that first peel.

Current Condition: Still pretty clear, although by the end of the day 3 new pimples surfaced, all small and very easily concealed, however on the tip of my nose, so kinda sore to touch. No IB yet! yatta! ^_^

Japanese of the day:å‹é”(Tomodachi) (Friend)

Picture Attatched: A Rainy Day in the City on my way home

ã˜ã‚ƒã‚ãªï¼

- Kawaisou

post-70892-1205788458_thumb.jpg

post-70892-1205788458_thumb.jpg

Hey there, lots of luck in your course. Hopefully it will be as smooth sailing as mine. I'm already about 2 and a half months post tane and the journey was defintely worth it.

Lol I couldn't understand your title either :redface: I wanted to take japanese but opted for korean instead because there were no slots left. Will take it next year when I am less busy!

You are only 16? I thought you were older because the posts you made seemed mature for your age, lots of in-depth in a good way. I am comparing you to my brother though who is also 16 and he doesn't seem that mature. A little childish with lots of temper.

Thank you very much!

I sure hope this stuff works, I am really counting on it a lot! Me? Mature? haha thank you for the compliment, but my mum says im a little imature punk everyday ^_^

DAY 5

Well it is Day 5 on Accutane and a very nice one indeed! The weather here in Tokyo is finally warming up! It feels so great to finally say goodbye to winter! Hello spring! ByeBye Winter! Anyway back to the depressing Accutane stuff.

Side Effects: Lips chapped, redness and sore lips. Skin is peeling and looks kinda shitty =/

Current Condition: Not a huge break out, but the clearness I have enjoyed the last 4 days is gone, and a few bothersome pimple have emerged. As uncomfortable as my face feels today I still am trying to keep a strong head!

Japanese of the day: æ„Ÿã˜ã‚‹(Kanjiiru) (Feel)

ã˜ã‚ƒã‚ãªï¼

- Kawaisou

Thank you very much!

I sure hope this stuff works, I am really counting on it a lot! Me? Mature? haha thank you for the compliment, but my mum says im a little imature punk everyday ^_^

DAY 5

Well it is Day 5 on Accutane and a very nice one indeed! The weather here in Tokyo is finally warming up! It feels so great to finally say goodbye to winter! Hello spring! ByeBye Winter! Anyway back to the depressing Accutane stuff.

Side Effects: Lips chapped, redness and sore lips. Skin is peeling and looks kinda shitty =/

Current Condition: Not a huge break out, but the clearness I have enjoyed the last 4 days is gone, and a few bothersome pimple have emerged. As uncomfortable as my face feels today I still am trying to keep a strong head!

What's the Japanese symbol for love?

Oh, also...do a lot of people in Japan have flawless skin? Whenever I see pictures of Japanese people, they look like dolls their skin is so perfect. But maybe that's because I watch a lot of J-Dramas.

Stay clear. Crystal clear.

Japanese of the day: æ„Ÿã˜ã‚‹(Kanjiiru) (Feel)

ã˜ã‚ƒã‚ãªï¼

- Kawaisou

DAY 6

Almost up to that huge one week mark! lol, well not huge but a big deal to me! ^_^

Today was a very quiet Sunday here, I did absolutely nothing today. When my stomach settles from my pizza dinner perhaps ill hit the gym. But other than that I accomplished absolutely nothing today! yay! Oh well ill enjoy it now, I have a very busy week this week.

Side Effects: Lips chapped, Skin is peeling in old breakout areas and looks shitty =/

Current Condition: The IB has started, but it really isn't that huge of a deal. It is not as bad as everybody says. Ill live! :whistle:

Japanese of the day: 楽ã—ã„(Tanoshii) (Fun)

ã˜ã‚ƒã‚ãªï¼

- Kawaisou

DAY 7

Well it has been one week on accutane and yeah I have one hellavuh IB. I mean I guess compared to other breakouts, it isn't that bad, but it is pretty yucky looking. I was kinda down about it today and didnt want anybody to see my face. But whatever, it will get better, just gotta belive that.

Side Effects: Lips chapped (not very much), Skin is really peeling a lot and is all over face. Hands feel dry and itchy.

Current Condition: The IB is owning my ass, but it is not the worst breakout I have ever had in my life so therefore I am not going to cry like a little girl about it.

Japanese of the day: ã†ã–ã„ (uzai) (annoying)

ã˜ã‚ƒã‚ãªï¼

- Kawaisou

本当?

来週に僕もアキュテインを始めるぜ!

いっしょにこのにきびを殺そう :catdance:

本当?

æ¥é€±ã«åƒ•ã‚‚アキュテインを始ã‚ã‚‹ãœï¼

ã„ã£ã—ょã«ã“ã®ã«ãã³ã‚’殺ãㆠ:catdance:

DAY 8

Well it is Day 8 and not too much has changed. I had a few more whiteheads but I popped them and they disappeared. I have a noticable breakout but I guess I have seen worse. I might not update for the next two days because ill be going on a school trip to do a contest based on foriegn language. Kinda funny I was choosen to represent English! Oh yeah wait! I am not a normel American teen so "English" is a foriegn language class at my school! ROFL. Funny Japanese school, picking the American boy to be an English contestent. Oh well I guess I should like own these japs huh? *lol*

I love Japanese^_^

Side Effects: Lips chapped, Skin is really peeling a lot and is all over face but not as bad as yesterday. Hands feel dry and itchy .

Current Condition: The IB not that bad I guess! I have one big old red zit above my lip, but other than that it is not that insane! I just know soon ill be clear! I hope! ^_^

Well thats pretty much it! See everybody in two days! ^_^

Japanese of the day:明日ã‹ã‚‰è‡ªåˆ†ã¯æ¨ªç”°ã«ã„ã¾ã™ (Ashita kara jibun ha Yokota ni imasu) (From tommorow I will be in Yokota!)

ã˜ã‚ƒã‚ãªï¼

- Kawaisou

good luck on your contest! haha kinda funny though that they chose you.....its not that fair to other fellow jap students are they? ;) but well you are going to own them hhahah.

anyways as for the dry and itchy hands, i bought the vaseline intensive rescue hand cream and it helped a bit. give it a try if you are not alreayd using something!

I'm sorry. I've just got to ask.

If you're a white person, then why the crazy fascination with Japanese language?

Hell, that'd be like me (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant) learning Swahili.

I'm sorry. I've just got to ask.

If you're a white person, then why the crazy fascination with Japanese language?

Hell, that'd be like me (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant) learning Swahili.

ãŠå‰ã¯æ±äº¬ã«ä½ã‚“ã©ã‚‹ã¨ï¼Ÿä¿ºã‚‚去年ä½ã‚“ã©ã£ãŸã‚“や。ç¦å²¡ã

®æ–¹ã«ä½ã‚“ã©ã£ãŸã‘方言出ã¨ã‚‹ã­ã€‚ã ã‘ん分ã‹ã‚‹ã‹ãªï¼Ÿç¬‘

é ‘å¼µã£ã¦ã‚„~俺ももã†ã™ã2回目ã®ã‚³ãƒ¼ã‚¹å§‹ã‚ã‚‹ã‘ん一緒ã

«é ‘å¼µã‚ã†ã°ã„ ^_^

僕ã®ã‚³ãƒ¼ã‚¹ã‚‚厳ã—ã„よ。ã‚ãらã‚ãªã„ã§ï¼ï¼

ãŠå‰ã¯æ±äº¬ã«ä½ã‚“ã©ã‚‹ã¨ï¼Ÿä¿ºã‚‚去年ä½ã‚“ã©ã£ãŸã‚“や。ç¦å²¡ï¿

½ï¿½

��

�方ã«ä½ã‚“ã©ã£ãŸã‘方言出ã¨ã‚‹ã­ã€‚ã ã‘ん分ã‹ã‚‹ã‹ãªï¼Ÿç¬‘

é ‘å¼µã£ã¦ã‚„~俺ももã†ã™ã2回目ã®ã‚³ãƒ¼ã‚¹å§‹ã‚ã‚‹ã‘ん一緒ï¿

½ï¿½

��

�頑張ã‚ã†ã°ã„ ^_^

Good luck! I enjoy reading your logs...i just have one piece of advice...don't get disheartened if it only gets worse. I Just started my 3rd month and this is the worst my acne has been yet! So if your IB gets worse...just hang in there bud! But, hopefully it wont.

Good luck! I enjoy reading your logs...i just have one piece of advice...don't get disheartened if it only gets worse. I Just started my 3rd month and this is the worst my acne has been yet! So if your IB gets worse...just hang in there bud! But, hopefully it wont.

DAY 14

Yay! Two weeks! Yatta! Last nights news is good news, I had a wonderful time with my gf, she is so amazing, never caring about my acne. Amazing. As far as the hockey game goes, wow was it the most exciting game I have played since I have been here! Japanese hockey is typically not physical but we played a very dirty team from Chiba tokyo and they hit hard. They were all in their lat 20's and 30's so it was weird for me to be playing against so much older players! I had to be the balls for my time, got into a fight with the other team's captian and kicked his ass. But most importantly I scored the game winning goal putting us at 3-2 to win the game, sweet. :D

As far as the acne goes, today we have a little bit of an improvement, kinda weird huh?

Side Effects: Lips chapped but not much, Skin is not peeling anymore, Pain in knees comes and goes but nothing major.

Current Condition: IB is kinda dying and drying up. Pimple are disappearing and I am clearing up (I think) :clap:

Japanese of the day: å¼·ã„ (tsuyoi) (strong)

ã˜ã‚ƒã‚ãªï¼

- Kawaisou