Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
J.R.

Not another teen acne story...

Acne has robbed me of most of my "golden years." High school is supposed to be the best time of your life when you go out alot and have a great time. It all started back in 8th grade, I was pretty much on top of my middle school athletic, "popular", and I got really good grades. About half way through my face completely broke out and I quickly became an "outcast." My girl friend of about a year broke up w/ me because I wasn't good looking enough for her anymore. At that time I was about only a 115 lbs and could run the 100m in under 11.5. I went into a pretty deep dpression for the rest of the school year where I was a loner, I still had a few good friends who have stuck w/ me through thick and thin.

Then high school started and that wasn't any better I had started putting on alot of weight because of football and depression. Needless to say at the end of the summer I ended up being 170 lbs and I went from being a speed running back to a guard. I still had the social problems though, I was a starter but unlike all the other ones I didn't get invited to all the parties. My acne made me feel alone in the world because there was no1 I could talk to about my situation. Ppl would make fun of me in school all the time even underclassmen but they usually ended up getting their face smashed into a locker. None of the girls who used to be my good friends back in middle school would acknowledge my existence. After taking tetrocycline in vain for 2 years I finally got to see a dermatologist. She put me on minocylcine and retin-a for anohter 6 months w/ little results.

Finally I was put on that miracle drug accutane...in a couple months the drug lived up to the hype and it cleared up my skin except for a few small zits here and there. I was pretty much on top of the world again, believe it or not my old friends came back but I quickly sent them away and the bitch that broke up w/ me because I wasn't good looking enough wanted to be friends again. I told them all to **** off but I did gain alot more friends and I got invited to all those football parties.

Everything was looking up I was losing weight and getting into much better shape. My grades were going up again and I got a great job at my local movie theatre. However this success was short lived...the results of my bloodwork came back and the accutane was damaging my liver. The miracle drug that made my life so good was actually killing me on the inside. When I heard the news I actually broke down to tears, I was so upset that I couldn't go to school or do anything I just stayed in bed all the time. My acne came back, not as bad as be4 but enough to disrupt my life again. All those new friends I made went away again and this girl who I really liked wouldn't go out any where w/ me anymore...I just wanted to die, life sucked...my grades went back down to being average and I stopped trying all together. My parents were worried about me so they started looking over the internet and came across this site. I had no other options because my wonderful dermatologists wanted to put me on the same regimen of minocylcine and retin-a which failled in the past. So I started using Dan's regimen and it has changed my life again. My skin is looking 100 times better I only have a few very small zits nothing serious though. I've been on it for only about 3 weeks and it's like being on acctane again except I feel that this is a permanent fix. My confidence is back and I'm doing better in school, ppl have even complimented me on my face. Even my track times and distances r getting better except I still have sum bacne(any ideas on how to get rid of that?). I don't really know why I posted this but I felt like I had to tell my story to give any1 hope that is going through the ups and downs...

-John

Man, I hope it continues to work, I really do, the ups and downs are murder, go from euphoria to falling off the edge of the world biggrin.gif

High school is supposed to be the best time of your life when you go out alot and have a great time.

no it isn't supposed to be, and everybody knows this. unless you peak in your high school years, they are usually the worst time in your life mentally and physically.

Hope the success continues for you, J.R.!

On a side note. BazookaJoe, did you get your name from the Real World, San Diego??? I was laughing so hard when I read your name. If that isn't what your name was referring to, sorry for laughing, lol. But if it is, damn, I wish I would've thought of it first!!

Hope the success continues for you, J.R.!

On a side note.  BazookaJoe, did you get your name from the Real World, San Diego???  I was laughing so hard when I read your name.  If that isn't what your name was referring to, sorry for laughing, lol.  But if it is, damn, I wish I would've thought of it first!!

lol u better watch it then, that was probably the high-light of the season from what I've seen...

well when I'm acne free it's a great time, still drugs and sex but not as much as at college

ur choice...but that's my story take it or leave it, ur the only person that seems to have a problem w/ it

That makes me happy. I am glad. I hope you and your shallow friends live a long happy superficial life in the American Empire hoarding your material possesions for a long time. biggrin.gif