Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jklaq

Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer?

I just picked this one up, I was wondering if anyone knew if this would clog pores (or irritate)? Some people on google/yahoo answers are saying that, but nothing showed up when I searched in here.

I was using the Neutrogena SPF 15 Oil-free moisturizer, but it gets my skin this really oily look, so I switched over. (plus I flush alot, so having an anti-redness one should help!)

thanks!

i was an okay one

i used it until i got a better protection one from neutrogena but it really dosent do anything to redness

and feverfew is supposed to be irratating suposibly

heyhey

i heard about the aveeno moisturizer and all it's greatness so i went and got it. it stung my skin like crazy, made it soo red and didnt feel moisturizing in the least. it also smelled really strong. i returned it cuz it was so awful.

butBUT i started using clinique daily moisturizer and its amazing. feels really smooth and has no smell really and works great. plus you get more in the bottle for only like 5 bucks more

try it!!

lol ya i hated that aveeno one

i also own that cliqniue one lol

because i got it from a friend because she felt bad my face was so dry from accutane lol ya i agree it's the best :cool::D

I've been using this moistoriser since I started accutane. It's been working fine for me. It hasn't irritated my skin at all. It moistorises my skin fine, but I do have to moistorise morning, midday, and night. However, it has done nothing for redness. I don't really have anything negative to say about it, but I can't say it's the greatest. It has not clogged my pores. I'm about half way through the bottle, and I was planning on trying something different after I finish it though, 'cos I'm not sure if I wanna stick with it. Not quite sure what i'll turn to but after reading the few posts about the Clinique moistoriser I might look into that. But yeah, Aveeno's ultra calming moist. has been okay for me.

I used that for maybe 24 hours and found it made my pores look fucking HUGE! Then I ran out and picked up some Vichy moisturizer for men and have never looked back. It moisturizes for 24 hours and contains a ton of wicked ingredients. Somewhat pricy, think it was 25 - 30$ for 50ml. But worth the price difference IMO. It seemd like it would of been a nice moisturizer but I personally fail to see it.

damn, that's too bad.

thanks for the replies though, I think I'll stick with the neutrogena for a bit, and see if i can order Eucerin renewal online.

also, what are the names of the Clinique and Vichy moisturizers?

I found this Vichy one: here

but I'm not so sure the salicylic acid there is good to use on accutane

i use the aveeno one. i like the smell and it doesn't clog my pores (like every other moisturizer did). i wish it didn't have fragrance because i have sensitive skin but it does the job for me and im neither ecstatic or disappointed with it. ill probably use it til the end of my course. A lot of people also recommend Complex 15. you can buy at drugstore.com

I also use Clinique Daily Moisturizer. I love it. It you go to www.clinique.com and click on Skin Care and then click Moisturizers. There is a lot but the one I use I don't know what the others use but it's called Clinique Dramatically Different Moistuizing Gel. There is a lotion but I don't like it. The Gel is oil free whereas the lotion isn't. The gel lasts a long time. I have had one bottle for four months and I still have more in it left.

clinique is off limits for me, ive tried many of their products and makeup and id get really bad breakouts.

Look for non-comedogenic, oil free, preferably fragrance free, moisturizers. They wont clog your pores. And dont get anything with Salicylic acid, that will sting and irritate while on accutane.

I'm sorry but Clinique is garbage. lol

I like the cetaphil moisturizer. never broken me out. And if all else fails, use Olive Oil. Works very well.