Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This sucks. I have very bad oily skin. I use about 10 clean and clear oily absorbing sheets a day.

I have noticed that when my face is oily my scars look a lot worse. When my make-up is freshly applied or my face has just been washed, my scars look ok but once that oil starts appearing .... YUCK

Today, I started the apple cider vinegar thing and I have read that is also suppose to help with oily skin. Any other suggestions.

DAMN OIL!

Sorry, just venting. ](*,)

Have you tried Zinc? Zinc has worked wonders for me. It cuts back on your skin's oil production. Zinc and drinking lots of water are two of the easiest and best things IMO to keep the oilies away.

^^^Yep. I take 50 mg a day and it seems to do the trick. Ofcourse you have to eat sensibly. I don't eat greasy food, so I'm sure that helps.

Wow,

I love this board. Fast quick responses. You guys are great.

By the way, I love John Lennon. I just bought his CD (Lennon Legend, The Very Best of John Lennon).

I am going to try zinc. I used it before but I stopped. ](*,)

I used to have really oily skin, where it would be shiny 10 minutes after wiping.

now i can go over 24 hours without washing and not have any oily skin....which is great, as its reduced the size of all my existing pimples and the blackheads on my nose have dried up and been removed.

All thanks to B5, and from slippery eel to normal in just 3 days.....10g a day.

its a life saver.

ctfm:

Ketsugo worked for you?!? sorry, i don't mean to be so angry but it did nothing for me. just made me sticky. i still want my time and money back.

I know it's late but I just had to post this.

I tried the vitamin B5 supplements (pantothenic acid) and I found it was too expensive to take 10g a day (which would be 40 250mg capsules) so I gave up on it and just took 500mg a day. I must say that just with the very low dose of 500mg, my skin took on a rosy healthy glow.

While researching, I FINALLY found a product that contains a high amount of Pantothenic acid (vitamin b5) so it won't be a pain in the butt to take! It has 250g.

Here's the link http://www.b5clearskin.com/vitb5clear.html

And here's more info on Pantothenic acid and acne... http://pharma-help.com/vitacure-b5-clear-skin

So there you go. I guess staying up late reading these boards did pay off. I'll go away now.

OK, WELL THESE LINKS DON'T SEEM TO BE WORKING SO THE NAME OF THE PRODUCT IS "b5 CLEARSKIN"! Do a search on it in google!

Or here...

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8...clearskin&meta=

I hope that helps someone... I hope it helps me!