Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today was my last accutane follow-up, and I was just wondering if anybody knew anything about the success of Chemical peels on reducing red marks? My derm recommended this to me, and I'm really excited to try anything that will reduce the red marks on my face, neck, and chest.

Also, is it OK to start this right away?

Today was my last accutane follow-up, and I was just wondering if anybody knew anything about the success of Chemical peels on reducing red marks? My derm recommended this to me, and I'm really excited to try anything that will reduce the red marks on my face, neck, and chest.

hows that workin out for you?

How is it applied, and where can you get it?

Also, I don't want to get off track here, if anyone can offer me any thoughts on Chemical peels, i'd greatly appreciate it!

hows that workin out for you?

How is it applied, and where can you get it?

Also, I don't want to get off track here, if anyone can offer me any thoughts on Chemical peels, i'd greatly appreciate it!

BUMP! Please somebody answer me, i'm desperate

Is it safe to start working on my redmarks now, right after i finished accutane???

I'm in my last stage of accutane. I've been using neutrogena anti-wrinkle cream and anti-wrinkle/anti-blemish cream consistently throughout the process and I think these products have really reduced my redmarks. They're still somewhat noticeable, just really faint. I have done chemical peels before and they are pretty hardcore. I would avoid them until the 6 months after finally stopping accutane are up. Until then, definitely check out those neutrogena products. Remember, it's a process. Good luck!

BUMP! Please somebody answer me, i'm desperate

Is it safe to start working on my redmarks now, right after i finished accutane???

Look for info on TCA peels there medium depth so theres some down time & through the recovery you'll look pretty bad but the results are meant to be very good

Look for info on TCA peels there medium depth so theres some down time & through the recovery you'll look pretty bad but the results are meant to be very good

You should not do any medium peels (of any kind) until you're six months post accutane. Any peel that has the potential of well, causing peeling, is contraindicated until you're past the risky stage for healing post Accutane. That generally means wait six months after your last pill.

You can, however, do mild, superficial peeling such as glycolic acid toners (10%) or salicylic acid treatments (2%) etc. 10% glycolic acid got rid of my red marks. You can see a link in my signature to recommended glycolic acid products that people have tried and liked. Good luck!

ive gotten few of these done before and it didn't do anything for my red marks. i'm using vitamin C E serum for my red marks -.-