Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blue123

exfoliate and accutane

Hey, I actually do. Twice a day at that. I use Clinique's 3-Step system. The clarifying lotion is an exfoliator. I even use a Clarisonic brush. I had this dry area on my nose and under my eyes and I hadn't used my brush for a while and I started to use it again and after used it once the dry areas were gone. My skin is so soft I love it. Then again my skin was extremely oily before I started accutane. Maybe try exfoliating in a small area once.

Good question because i was thinking the SAME question. I would like to but i'm afraid it will result in a breakout but the dry flakey skin is driving me CRAZY!

what is gentle enough but will do a good job at getting rid of those flakes, anyone?

I do maybe once a week, with a very gentle, sensitive skin exfoliator. Nothing with SA, BHA, AHA etc... But as I'm on the accutane longer, i dont think it will be such a good idea. You're skin is going to get pretty sensitive and delicate.

I would see how it goes. Do it once in a while, til your skin says "No". lol