Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Akura

MaMa Lotion on Hypertophic Scars

So I have some hypertrophic scars on my chest and I have been putting MaMa lotion on them to see if they will make the redness go away. But it seems to have made them swell up and itchy. Like they are a live again. So I am wondering, should I continue using the lotion or if I should stop. I'm not sure if the swelling up of the scars is a sign of the lotion doing its work or hurting the scars.

If it is itchy and red then I am assuming that collagen is being stimulated in those areas which is not good. I mean it COULD also be a irritation, but from my experience anything that will stimulate collagen is not good for hypertrophic or keloid scarring.

Mark

So I have some hypertrophic scars on my chest and I have been putting MaMa lotion on them to see if they will make the redness go away. But it seems to have made them swell up and itchy. Like they are a live again. So I am wondering, should I continue using the lotion or if I should stop. I'm not sure if the swelling up of the scars is a sign of the lotion doing its work or hurting the scars.

Mama lotion is an exfoliater so I don't hink in helps for raised scars. From what I can tell I think it is for red marks and pitted scars. I heard that Dermatix C is good for raised scars. This is a silicone gel and you can get it at the Pharmacits counter. I haven't used either but have read about both.