Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sgt Pepper

Check this Photo

and please recommend what can be done to quickly rid these marks?????

I've already tried mandelic acid, lemon water, aloe, retin-a, zinc, lots of water and time.

I've just ordered a 55% glycolic acid peel that will hopefully take away some of the marks with the layers.

user posted image

These are the type of red marks I am dealing with too and the things I am doing is healing this quite well. Look into my thread on "Whats working for me"

Its much harder to do than just applying topicals but its the only thing thats helped me thus far.

These look exactly like my scars...mine might be a tad worse though. I've tried 2 VLS lasers(vascular type laser), a million 70% glycolic acid peels, Thermage, 1 year of Retin-a, and now I am on Tazorac (for the acne, not the scars). Anything else................??????????? :-k

EXACTLY the same red marks as I have, they are such a pain to get rid of, some of your marks have a little white mark through them. Will this whiteness inside the red mark fade over time? Or maybe that's just the normal colour of the skin that looks wierd through the red.

Anyway if you find anything that works for you Sgt Pepper please share.

I'm not recommending this at all! (althought you might try the tca complex) I just feel like sharing.. anyway, i had brown scar on my face from acne, level with my face, but very noticeable due to it's color. it was about 3 mm across. It'd been there for about 2 years looking the same. Anyway I applied a little 50% tca to it. After the scab came off, no scar remained. Again, this isn't for you, 50% tca is strong stuff, but u might look into lighter tca peels. I don't have any experience with glycolic or lactic acid. good luck.

yeah okay....

does anyone think that TCA would be more affective in removing/fading the flat red marks compared to a strong acid peel?

I did use mandelic acid for about 2 months but it took me to a plateux where nothing improved past week 2.

And it caused me to break out in cysts which i rarely gotten in the past.