Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pumpkin head

Cool Laser, Epione

Has anyone been to the Epione center in Beverly hills? They are recomending that I get the Cool laser done for my acne scarring. The scarring is bad and I need advice. I have been to The Laser and Dematology Institude of California and was very dissapointed with the results. $4500 later for 6 laser treatrments and nearly no improvement. I definitly do NOT recommend that place. The doctor says I have had a fifty percent improvment and he only saw me for the first visit that lasted 2 minutes and my last visit six months later. Wow what a photojenic memory he must have. Lies. That place is a joke. At least with my case. If you have been to Epione or have heard about result please post, or if you have other suggestions that may help rolling scars, some deep, please help. I have also had collogen injections a few times with noticable imporovement. Is this my only option?

Hi Pumpkin Head,

Hey, it seems like we are going through the same thing. I have heard a lot of negative things about the first place you went to. $4500 for six laser treatments. OUCH. ](*,)

As for Epione . .. I have not heard anything about that place from other people but I have looked at their website before and the pictures were pretty impressive. How much is he charging you for the Cool Touch laser?

Are there any other treatments he recommends doing with the Cool Touch?

So far, I have had 4 Cool Touch treatments and maybe about 6 Diamond peel microdermabrasion. I have noticed improvement and other people have noticed too. I have mild acne scarring. They look like rolling scars to me. I have at least 1 or 2 ice pick scars.

I don't know what % of improvement I see. Sometimes I see 30% and other times its 40%. I still have the scarring so as of today I am using the apple cider vinegar/lemon method (see the thread on this).

I still have two more Cool Touch treatments to go and more microdermabrasions. I have heard that the Cool Touch will work better if it is properly exfoliated (thus the micro. prior). Unsure if this is true or not. Maybe someone can clarify this.

My treatments are costing me $350 each laser treatment. He was charging me $500 but I got it lowered. I asked him to lower it during x-mas so he was probably in a giving mood as the nurses were surprised he lowered it that much for a full face laser treatment. By the way, I am going to a place in Pasadena.

I am still going to look for ways to improve my scarring and I am hoping the vinegar thing will work.

GOOD LUCK.

The Smoothbeam laser sounds more promising with scars. You should look into this. As for me, since I have olive skin I have been advised against the Smoothbeam by two different doctors.

I am also looking into getting a TCA peel but one thing at a time.

Just info I forgot to mention in my other post.

you were advised against smoothbeam SPECIFICALLY because of your olive skin? that doesn't make a lot of sense. there isn't a safer treatment for darker skin tones.

what kind of chemical peels are you considering doing?

Kaiofthesun,

Both doctors indicated it was because of my skin color. They did not mention any other reasons besides this one. The place I am getting the Cool Touch also does Smoothbeam so I know the doctor did not advise against it because he does not have it available (like other doctors probably would).

Has anyone with an olive complexion or darker gotten the smoothbeam? I tried to look on the Smoothbeam thread but it is too long. ](*,) It would take me hours to go through it with my slow computer.

I would get the Smoothbeam becuz it looks like people are getting results but if 2 doctors advised against it why take the chance.

Acne Scars and discoloration..... i'll pass

every article i've ever read indicated smoothbeam to be safe on asian skin. many people on the smoothbeam thread are asian. a couple indicated bad experiences but that was due to bad docters who set the joules setting too high. i've spoken to five docters, all indicated that smoothbeam is safe on asian skin.

honestly, i find it a little odd that the two docters you've spoken to recommended against it.

what part of the country are you from?

Wantperfectskin,

Good luck on your treatments. I had a few treatments of the smoothbeam at the laser of derm. and no luck. The other treatment they want to do at Epione is radiance in conjunction with the coollaser. It could total around $7000. Would pay anything for better noticable skin but wouldn't we all if we knew what would work. Where is pasadena do you get your treatment? Do they have a website?

if you've done cooltouch, there is no reason why smoothbeam wouldn't work. yes smoothbeam is a stronger laser but i've read that blistering occurs less often with it than cooltouch.

perhaps the docter decided against smoothbeam since you've already had many treatments with smoothbeam? i mean...6 cooltouch plus another 5 or so smoothbeams seems like a lot of treatments to me. just a thought...

im also seriously considering chemical peel. specifically TCA 35% spot treated on scars. some docters advised against this due to my asian skin. but a docter (www.spa-md.com) with a lot of experience with ethnic skin said it was safe.

Hello again,

I live in Los Angeles, CA (born and raised). I am mixed (Mexican, French, German, and Indian). I have olive skin but it looks more on the red side than brown (probably because of the Indian skin).

I will continue to do research on this Smoothbeam thing ..... maybe get more doctors advice and talk to others with similar skin types.

I know it may be odd that they advised against it but what other reasons could it be? I don't know becuz the skin color was the only issue. Who knows...

Thanks for bringing it to my attention though. I guess I will just have to talk to other people and search the threads for info.

BYE biggrin.gif

pumpkin head,

I think the website is laserbeauty.com. If not, look up the Advanced Laser and Anti-Aging Medical Center. It is in Pasadena and located near Green St. and Lake Ave. (not too far from Old Town). The doctors and the staff are really nice especially the girl who does my cool touch. I do not remember her name. Their consultations are free.

I can not believe you paid $4500 for 6 Smoothbeam treatments. That is soooooo expensive. I heard that place charges a lot and they are more into the money than anything else.

kaiofthesun,

I am thinking about doing the same peel you are TCA 35% too but I have not talked to any doctors about this so we will see.

Good Luck to you both.