Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whtx

Benzamycin: Use and then Wash off?

I have some sort of reaction to benzamycin and benzoyle peroxide type of medication. It sorta burns the skin a little. Im wondering if starting off slowly and leaving the medication on for 5 minutes and then washing it off. And then gradually increase the amount will take care of the initial burning/irration of such medication. Thanks

A little bit of redness/stinging is completely normal. If the side effects aren't horrible, I'd say let the Benzamycin on. This isn't at all a scientific explanation, but it seems like if you rinse it off five minutes after you put it on, then you're not giving your skin very much time to get accustomed to it. That amount of time might not even let it all absorb into your skin. Just use a really small amount until your skin is used to it. Maybe a Tazorac user will offer some good advice, I know some of them rinse it off to prevent irritation.

Benzamycin is total crap because of how it is made. It will totally dry out your skin and absorbs poorly into the skin. I was on benzamycin for a year and regretted every time I had to put it on. It worked but the side effects were not worth it.

I'm on Duac now and am very satisfied with it. It doesn't fry out my skin as it's based on purified water and absrobs very well.

BTW, benzamycin smells like s**t.