Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leepinglizards

For those of you that Ortho Tri Cyclen cleared your skin...

For those of you taking ORtho Tri Cyclen, I'd like to know how long it took since you started the pill, for it to clear your skin or at least improve it.

It slowly improved over 6 months, then bang i was clear. then i stopped topicals in january 08 and boom i had breakouts. then i started up BHA once again and now i'm clearing up again.

Bottom line: you will probably need to use topicals in conjunction with OTC

if you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me :)

It slowly improved over 6 months, then bang i was clear. then i stopped topicals in january 08 and boom i had breakouts. then i started up BHA once again and now i'm clearing up again.

For those of you taking ORtho Tri Cyclen, I'd like to know how long it took since you started the pill, for it to clear your skin or at least improve it.

You have a very sophisticated beauty by the way. So are you still on the pill? Is it keeping things under control? I'm getting side effects from the pill. A VYI, and I think my emotions are a little off. Do these go away?

I started noticing improvement immediatly...I had mild acne with alot of congestion on my forehead all underneath, very small. I'd say it got 75% better by mth 3 and now I'm on mth 5 and I'm 100%, every once in awhile by menstral time I get maybe one, but thats it. I do use benzaclin, but very, very sparatic, if I feel there may be one popping up I'll but some on, but thats it! :dance:

I started noticing improvement immediatly...I had mild acne with alot of congestion on my forehead all underneath, very small. I'd say it got 75% better by mth 3 and now I'm on mth 5 and I'm 100%, every once in awhile by menstral time I get maybe one, but thats it. I do use benzaclin, but very, very sparatic, if I feel there may be one popping up I'll but some on, but thats it! :dance:

i'm on ortho low....they my doc said it's better for your skin and it makes you gain less weight :dance: Hum i started seeing and improvement within the first 2 months and i've been on it for about a year and half. I don't have clear skin but it looks soooo much better then it did. I tried to go off it for awhile and i realized i broke out again....so i'm back on it haha. I've only had good side effect except for the 5-7 pounds i've gained...but hey i gained a cup size! Well if you have any other questions don't be afriad to ask:)

Six months is a long time! Wow! I hope it doesn't take me that long. Was your acne pretty severe or mild? I hope I don't have to wait that long. That's half a year man. And on top of that, topicals? That kinda sucks. I'm using retin-a at night and BP in the daytime.

what the heck!? ive been on ortho FOREVER and it does jack crap for me...well except the whole not having a kid part.

Hi, I was on Ortho -tri cyclen for 2 years before i had my daughter and noticed right away an improvement, I got off it and became pregnant, then went back on after my daughter and my skin was so clear, i would have a breakout here and there but nothing too horrible. I just got off my birth control 3 months ago due to loss of insurance and now my face is a MESS I can't seem to get rid of this acne with anything, so I am thinking of yet again getting back on the pill, it was the only treatment that worked wonders for me and kept it that way!

OTC cleared me pretty well for about 3 years...............after 3 years it was ALL down hill from there. Now I get breakouts non-stop.........under the skin ones mostly on my chin and jawline...........never had this crap before. OTC is crap......I'm starting Yasmin on Sunday and hopeing for some good results!