Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Debonaire

Benzaclin -- Initial breakout?!

I started benzaclin (along with 100mg of minocycline) last week, and since then I've been breaking out like mad! Hell, I even have what I believe is a cyst on my chin, and I've NEVER gotten a cyst before nor have I ever really had acne on my chin area. Now, I am having really hard times with my hormones right now, so that might be it, but... Is there an initial breakout on Benzaclin. Or on minocycline, for that matter? I'm also using tretinoin (a generic version of retin-a), and I kind of recall a breakout from that when I first started it. I HOPE this is a breakout from either benzaclin or mino. I'd rather not think that my acne is getting worse! ](*,)

never heard of that before. I've been on antibiotic pills and benzaclin both before and didnt have a breakout. Did you eat something out of the ordinary recently that couldve given you a flare up? Keep with the treatment and you shoulud be fine soon.

I'm guessing that the majority of my breakout is due to my really really messed up hormones (I SO need to see my gyno soon), but it seemed like right after I started these two new prescriptions, the breakout worsened a little bit.

I'll check out your log ******, although I do intend on staying on this stuff for longer than three weeks. I know that sometimes it takes over a month for a positive result to occur, so I'll just wait it out. I always tell myself-- my acne could be a LOT worse. 8-[

I have been on yasmin for about 4 months now. In the beginning I was alittle down, alittle nauseous but it never got to the point that I would have stopped taking it. Stick with it because by the end of the 2nd month I was fine. The only thing i have noticed is that I am alittle more emotional.