Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lalala2003

Make Up Question

lalala2003

Since non of us seem to have problem with makeup and new acne....do you mind if I ask what you use ?

I went without makeup for almost 2 years thinking it would help.

Not using make up is not the answer. I can't recommend anything since I've only just now started testing again.

wow that's amazing, all you see in this picture is clear smooth skin. It's kinda hard to believe. Glad it's gone!!! biggrin.gif

My routine/products.

Morning......

>wash with C & C BLACKHEAD CLEARING SCRUB.

>wash with PANOXYL 10% BP WASH (the C & C one is immpossible to get in the UK, without paying huge shipping fees)

>apply QUINODERM 5% CREAM (On live zits, iff needed.

>moisturize with OLAY COMPLETE CARE.

Night......

>Remove makeup with OLAY DAILY FACIALS CLENSING CLOTHS.

>wash..... C& C BLACKHEAD CLEARING SCRUB

>wash......PANOXYL 10% WASH

>QUINODERM (if needed)

>apply 100% JOJOBA OIL...make my face baby-soft. yum.

so if you don't have zits, you don't apply topicals, just wash and moisturize? Is Panoxyl prescription? Your skin does look baby soft.

The Panoxyl is the topical, its a BP wash at 10%, you smear it on to wet skin and gently rub for 30 seconds - 1 minute and rinse. The bp is deposited in your pores. if there is any live acne i apply Quinoderm on the area. i have a couple on my left cheek sad.gif .

You can get it from......

www.Pharmacy2u.com

under ''embarrasing conditions'', would you believe! biggrin.gif

Or Clean and Clear do a 10% BP wash, if you can find it.

I've used Body Shop Tea tree oil foundation, Almay skin stays clean liquid foundation, Jane Iredale pressed, Aromaleigh, Philosophy, neutrogena clearskin liquid, Maybelline wonderfinish, coverblend. None of these showed any signs of making my breakouts worse. I went w/out liquid foundation for a long time as an undergrad, and my skin did not improve whatsoever.

The only foundation that i've used that I know was breaking me out was neutrogena healthy skin liquid foundation (the stuff with spf).

I use revlon's color stay which covers great and it doesn't break me out at all

Does anyone use MAC? (I use the studio finish matte foundation) I have EXTREMELY oily skin....is there anything out there that you guys would recomend??

I think that my skin is so oily also cuz I'm on Erythromysin topical and pills (spelling is wrong i'm sure). Has anyone been on that?

Please give me feedback, thank you

Jen

P.S. I'm new and have not yet tried the regimen, but ordered stuff today, so we'll see.

I use studio fix as a powder touch-up and I use Mac's pot concealer and Matte texture cream....but I have never tried any of their foundations as my sole foundation.

For makeup reviews click HERE

When I stopped wearing makeup, I think it may have helped my skin clear up, and let my skin breathe more. My skin looked really gross without makeup on, when I used to wear it constantly.. now after not wearng makeup for 3 months, my skin looks so much better without it. My pores has decreased in size, and oil production is somewhat better.

I think make up irritates my dry skin a bit, but the problem is that you have to cover the damn red marks up with something really. I haven't found that make up makes my spots any worse or better either.