Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnnery

Good, Consistent Skin Care Pays Off...

For the 2nd time in the past two or three months, someone today guessed me to be 15 years younger than my true age, so for any doubters out there, rest assured, good skin care pays off. And it's not a male/female thing, either. EVERYONE should be interested in taking care of their skin---and their overall health, for that matter---no matter what their gender!

I can't help it, the above comment made me feel good. I know I've said this before, but I guess it bears repeating: I may never be able to completely eradicate my scars but I CAN take good care of the rest of my face, and maybe--one day--that will be enough for me. So, I would say to everyone here: Never mind the scoffers. Continue to research effective methods of good skin care and then implement what works for you into a daily routine. And try to be as healthy as you can be. In the long run, the payoffs will be worth all the effort.

Good advice, =D>

By the way, how old are you? Do you take supplements and exercise?

I have only started doing research recently regarding my acne scars and good skin care habits. I always thought I would have them forever. I have learned so many things from people on these boards. Thier advice, suggestions, and comments give me hope.

As for me, I take supplements, drink a lot of water (with lemon now biggrin.gif ), and wear SPF 45 sunscreen everyday. Hopefully, when I am in my 40s/50s, people will say I look young too.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

I agree, John. I'm 39 (will be 40 this year) and most people think I'm between 30-32. I did have some signs of aging, but most of the products I've used in the past two years have helped tremendously. Heck, I even had someone think I was 28 (that was a little over a year ago).

I really have no major wrinkles or sagging to mention..... biggrin.gif/

You're following some good habits yourself. Keep it up! I've been taking supplements for 20 years. I used to work out a lot but I've slacked off for the past couple years. So, I'm far from perfect.

As for my age, chronologically, I'm 40. But "inside", I must admit I still feel very young. In fact, I often feel I look at the world through a child's eyes. (No, I'm not Michael Jackson.) smile.gif