Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nibs

How long to wait after accutane to use differin?

Ok i started accutane in september of last year. I did a course of 40mg 1 day and 60 the next.

The whole journey through accutane has been peachey and perfect.

Ok so now, my derm prescribed me differin (he was going to prescribe me Tazorac first, but i about pulled my gun out!! :naughty: That stuff screwed up my face and made me look like a shrivveled up dryed tomatoe :redface: ).

So i waited a week after accutane. My skin started to lose the minor redness it had (im assuming its from accutane) and everything was fine. But the second the differin touched my face it stung like hellll. And so i waited in pain till it dried to add moisturizer, and when i put the moisturizer on it stung again! (same moisturizer that i was using on accutane, without any problems).

So im thinking that maybe i should wait the full 4 weeks for accutane to get out of my system? But the only thing is i dont want my skin to get horrible again :(

Btw, if anyone is deciding whether or not to do accutane, DO IT! Seriously! Its amazing!!! Don't let the sideeffects scare you! All i had was [minor] dryness on my hands and arms!

Thanks in advance for any help :D

I would let your skin heal first. Right now your skin is way to sensitive. Stay away from anything with medicine in it until at least a month has past since your last pill.

I would let your skin heal first. Right now your skin is way to sensitive. Stay away from anything with medicine in it until at least a month has past since your last pill.

Aha, and youd think my derm would tell me something like this! :doh:

Thanks alot guys. Im going to wait it out and see what happens :boohoo: