Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thebill

strange...eyedrop affects acne?

Today i had my 3rd microdermabrasion done and as usual, my face is pretty red. Later on at night, my eyes were burning a bit so i used some eyedrops (Visine).

15 mins later when i was bout to wash my face, i looked in the mirror and noticed the trail that the Visine left from my eye down to my chin was very odd. Every part of my face was red except for the trail which seems completely pale...lightened up, and I wished all the other parts of my face was that color. Kinda freaked me out so i washed my face with warm water, rubbed it, didn't came off, used cleansers and some moisturizer, still there.

Kinda funny how Visines slogan is "gets the red out", didn't knew it works for face redness too! Has anyone experienced this? Btw, are there alot of people out there that do Microdermabrasion that turned out successful?

Lol. You've just happened across a bit of a acne sufferers emergency supply.

Makeup artists who doll up the stars have a battery of techniques and products at their disposal. That might explain why your favorite actress looks as if she never gets visits from the zit monster. One of their trade secrets: Visine. Yes, you read that correctly. I said Visine. The same stuff that “gets the red out� of your eyes can help get the red out of your face. After you’ve done your best to dry out the pimple, soak a cotton swab in Visine. Then hold the swab to the affected area for about 10 seconds. Presto! Redness is gone. www.dermadoctor.com

bad news is that it's effect on redness is temporary and that it isn't doing anything to prevent or heal acne spots.