Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madadam

Raised scar treatments

what works for raised scars from acne? i have them on my nose and nothing seems to work. cosmetic derms told me nothing would work. dermabrasion is out since i have olive skin.

I have the same exact problem. Actually I posted a topic about it. Here it is:

I want to know what is the recommanded method to remove this bump (hypertrophic?) scar on my nose.

I tried to cut it but it always came back at the same size... I tryed with some polysporin for the healing.. supposed to reduce scars..

Heres the pic :

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spma0105qa8.jpg

Mine are like that but more elongated and I have 6 of them on both sides of my nose! I detest them.

I wonder if ablative fraxel will work?

oh i also have hypertrophic scars, i heard about silicone gels......i still have to get answers from someone who have tried this and what it does.....help would be very much appreciated

Does anybody know if aspirin would help on a small raised scar? I've had mine for a month, so I'm wondering if I still have any hope in getting rid of it. It's on the tip of my nose, thanks to a stupid huge cyst that I had there. I also heard that sea salt can make it go away, if treated as soon as possible, but I'm not sure if it's true. Any suggestions?

I think something is working for my raised scar on the nose! I will post pic when it is fully healed... wont be long.

Even had steroid injections.....................................................not working!!!@

this is drepressing... I cut the small raised scare on my nose and sticked a bandaid on it for 1 week. Then I looked at it and it was perfect! The skin was even, like there was no scar!

But after 1 or 2 days without bandaid (on air) its like the scar had raised again, its now red and there is no improvment... im getting pissed.

I browsed the forum and found that 2 treatments were popular for raised scards : silicone sheets (OTC) and cortisone injections (provided by Dermatologist).

After some google I found this website :

http://www.psforum.com/scars.htm

It explains the treatments and why they should work... Im gonna talk about this to my doctor in few weeks..

bump : I bought some Scarguard MD on ebay, its a gel that contains silicone,cortisone and vitamin E...

wow for aslong as Ive been coming here i have yet to see any real help with hypertrophic type scars and yet so many threads about icepick and indented scars. Is there no help for us? or noone knows what the hell to do about these.

I just bought this new product called PreferOn which is supposed to help smooth out scars, the raised ones. It says its good for acne scars, so we'll see how it goes.

I have hyper trophic scars on my chest that have been there over a year

I bought a product called Scarguard about a week ago

so far, it's really helping!

the scars are still very red but not as raised as they used to be

I'll keep you updated :D

I also have this kind of white raised scars (no redness, not keloid) and have try fractional laser that does not work. My plastic surgeon tell me that microdermabrasion works.

I also have this kind of white raised scars (no redness, not keloid) and have try fractional laser that does not work. My plastic surgeon tell me that microdermabrasion works.

I tried all the bottle of scarguard and it didnt work very well. The bump went bright red but didnt really lowered. I will post picture of the actual bump on the nose. Like the above poster said

I still didnt found out a real solution and I want to get it sorted.

I've had some hypertrophic scarring on my back, and I have mulitple so those expensive creams will not be something I want, because i don't want to be using 6 bottles a month, but... here are some of the treatments that look promising for hypertrophic scars.

Kelo-cote: it is a sort of silicon gel, very pricey.

Silicon sheets: also VERY expenisve

Bioskincare: don't know if its legit, but i've heard good things

Scar Esthetique: cheapest of the bunch, but has good reviews.

I also heard that some more expenisve treatments may work, like lasers, or injections.

would any sort of peels or dermaebrasion work though???