Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just got needling done by a permanent makeup artist about 7 days ago,

and now that the swelling is fading & scabbing is falling off, the scar looks a bit deeper than it originally was.

Im wondering if it takes time to plump up, or should it have already leveled out?

Im a little worried, and i havnt heard of any reverse effects from what i have read.

Is this a normal reaction to the skin healing?

The original scar was like a rolling type scar, slightly indented.

any feedback would be encouraging, thanks in advance.

Don't worry. It is normal for it to look a little worse at first. The temporary discoloration from needling makes it appear like it's deeper.

Needling performs like subscision from the top of your skin rather than beneath it. Needling also causes collagen to produce at the site of injury, but this recruitment takes time.

Lisa Lam is skilled at what she does. I have no doubt that you will notice improvement in the coming weeks or months. Equally as important is your aftercare topicals and generally living a healthy lifestyle.

- Christy

hey, thanks for answering, can i ask you something..

do you know about tca cross? because my scars are mostly like rolling , saucer like, and im wondering if i should continue dooing cross , or opt for dry needling? Ive heard cross is better for pitted scars, but then again i understand everyone reacts differently. trial & error would be the judge of that, patience & repetitive treatments. might be the key.

Most of my scars are icepicks that border on very small box scars. Before needling, I tested tca cross on a small group of large or scarred pores, plus two of my largest scars that are more like box scars. Well let me tell you, I have sustained damage to the group of large/scarred pores. They all have a connecting line between them now that originates from beneath the skin. I wish I never tried it. I was extremely careful too. As for the largest scars, months after I crossed them, it was still deeper. I used 100% solution. I am not one who faired well with this type of treatment. Needling fixed the two big test scars, but I did not get those group of damage pores needled. I may next time.

Rolling scars do well with needling. It is difficult to cross rolling scars because there is no definite scar boundary and there is chance of chemical leakage outside of the scar. Needling is much more precise than cross. It does not remove your epidermis, it only injures it to promote revised healing.

I would wait for your needling results to come through before trying cross. But if you absolutely must try cross, I would only do it on a non-needled scar as a test (so you can compare results later on), using/diluting a solution of 25% to start, with a maximum useage of 50%.

- Christy

That is so odd. When i had needling, the scar was leveled due to inmflamation for couple of weeks until it sunk again. Maybe she didnt needled deep enough. It seems strange, just think about it, inflamation should occur right away thus this new scar tissue gives the false appearance of level skin.

That is so odd. When i had needling, the scar was leveled due to inmflamation for couple of weeks until it sunk again. Maybe she didnt needled deep enough. It seems strange, just think about it, inflamation should occur right away thus this new scar tissue gives the false appearance of level skin.

I did hear its more effective to repeat the treatment for better results. How old was your scars? mine is over 4 years old, its slightly depressed, i think ill do it again, cuz it looks like it shrunk down as well, but i also heard collagen formation can take afew months to build,

After 2 weelks my skin is still noticeably pink, & slowly returning to its normal state.