Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright, so I'm 15 years old.

I've had mild acne since I was about late 13 early 14.

I've been treated with many products, and gone to the dermatologist about 3x. At one time I was on differin, when I had just turned 14. That worked because I only had breakouts on my chin. Which I thought were so bad... haha I would pray for that now. But now I'm getting off subject.. this is my second time around used Duac gel, which was perscribed for me a while back, and I used, but to put it fairly I was a bit hesitant and impatient with it... Last time I used it I saw not much improvement in about a month. So I stopped... now... 3 months later I'm back on it. I'd say throughout extensive research I've been able to discover things I could do to keep my skin more clear, but something recently really bothered me and here I am, searching for advice.

So I'm on my second round of duac, new container so it's all fresh and not too soon to expire.

my regimen is as follows:

Morning: take a shower, wash with a very soft burt's bee's orange cleanser. About 15 mins. later follow with Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer

Evening: I use the burt's bee's once again and then apply duac gel. which by the way I DO keep in the fridge.

So it's been about 3, 3 1/2 weeks... and I haven't seen much improvement, didn't expect to.. but the one thing that really is bothering me is I have never had any zits on my nose. ever. just blackheads which I've started to maintain and since about a month or two ago I hardly had any. So about a week ago, I woke up and had, maybe 7 new zits all over my nose. I was amazed considering in my 2 years of acne, never has it been on my nose. and never so many so abruptly. So I've been hoping it'll clear up, but it seems everytime I get one under control three more pop up. As of right now I have about 30 small bumps on my nose. some red and inflamed, some not. I'm just wondering, should I stick with duac? is this just par for the course, because I have never had this reaction to duac in the past... or should I immediately stop using it.

Another thing to clear up is for some reason, duac, unlike other BP solutions I've used, is really easy and non-irritating on my skin.

Thanks to anyone who can answer this :D

:doh:

OK, here's a tip... you know how when you get the duac from the pharmacy it's in a fridge?

KEEP IT IN YOUR BUTTER CONDITIONER IN YOUR FRIDGE! Seriously, this seems to make it work tons better for some reason... and make sure you keep the lid on tight. Duac has been an absolute godsend for me, in combination with eating well (no dairy at all, no cheese etc), mostly salads and sushi, lots of water. I use an epic amount of it though usually, sleep with it on.

peace out.

If you want perfect skin, use Retin-A Cream but expect your skin to get much much worse before it gets better but when it does get better you will have the Best skin you could possibly have. Research it alot though so you fully undestand how it works because many people that dont understand how it works just quit after like a week because it makes your skin apear worse and they just want a quick fix. It is so so so so i cannot stress enough WORTH IT!!!! forget everything else use Retin-A for long term result and you wont breakout anymore, it all depends on who uses it, for people with big acne problems your skin will get absolutely horrible before it get better because it brings out acne deep deep down in your skin but then after your skin will be flawless forever if you keep using it because it works on a cellular level to normalize cell fuction much like accutane but no serious side effects. For ppl with mild to moderate acne it will take 5 - 8 weeks to work, for those with severe acne it will take 10 - 14 weeks to work but then you will be happy. Retin-A also cures sun damage, gets rid of freckles, gets rid of wrinkles, fixes uneven skin tone, makes your skin super soft, basically it treat pretty much any skin disorder, recent studies ever say its good for skin cancer! try it, it will change your life! But remember research it extensivly very important that you do this trust me!

If you want perfect skin, use Retin-A Cream but expect your skin to get much much worse before it gets better but when it does get better you will have the Best skin you could possibly have. Research it alot though so you fully undestand how it works because many people that dont understand how it works just quit after like a week because it makes your skin apear worse and they just want a quick fix. It is so so so so i cannot stress enough WORTH IT!!!! forget everything else use Retin-A for long term result and you wont breakout anymore, it all depends on who uses it, for people with big acne problems your skin will get absolutely horrible before it get better because it brings out acne deep deep down in your skin but then after your skin will be flawless forever if you keep using it because it works on a cellular level to normalize cell fuction much like accutane but no serious side effects. For ppl with mild to moderate acne it will take 5 - 8 weeks to work, for those with severe acne it will take 10 - 14 weeks to work but then you will be happy. Retin-A also cures sun damage, gets rid of freckles, gets rid of wrinkles, fixes uneven skin tone, makes your skin super soft, basically it treat pretty much any skin disorder, recent studies ever say its good for skin cancer! try it, it will change your life! But remember research it extensivly very important that you do this trust me!

Stick with the Duac, it has worked well for me and I've tried everything. Strangely I had a similar experience with spots on my nose until I stopped applying it there. So if you didn't have a problem with spots on your nose before, then there is no need to apply the Duac there....they should clear up and problem solved :)

Good luck.

I never had acne when I was a teenager but when I moved to SE coast of Florida at age 43, I broke out with bumps, whiteheads, etc. For 15 years I used all kinds of cleansers but still couldn't get rid of the zits.

Then one day I heard on the radio about the mold and bacteria that is so prevalent in South Florida is. I also got fungus under my big toe that I ended up taking care of myself.

Then I found a "cure".

By happenstance, I bought a bottle of Dial Antibacterial liquid soap and I washed my face with it. I did it twice a day and In a matter of a few days, my bumps, zits, etc. cleared up.

Since then I've used it and have been for the past 10 years...NO MORE ZITS.

Summary: Acne could be a result of MOLD and BACTERIA lying on your skin...especially OILY skin and if we don't wash it off with an ANTI BACTERIA soap, like DIAL (other brands are also OK), we end up with a "breakout".

Why not give it a try? It's a lot less toxic and a lot cheaper.

Alright, so I'm 15 years old.

I've had mild acne since I was about late 13 early 14.

I've been treated with many products, and gone to the dermatologist about 3x. At one time I was on differin, when I had just turned 14. That worked because I only had breakouts on my chin. Which I thought were so bad... haha I would pray for that now. But now I'm getting off subject.. this is my second time around used Duac gel, which was perscribed for me a while back, and I used, but to put it fairly I was a bit hesitant and impatient with it... Last time I used it I saw not much improvement in about a month. So I stopped... now... 3 months later I'm back on it. I'd say throughout extensive research I've been able to discover things I could do to keep my skin more clear, but something recently really bothered me and here I am, searching for advice.

So I'm on my second round of duac, new container so it's all fresh and not too soon to expire.

my regimen is as follows:

Morning: take a shower, wash with a very soft burt's bee's orange cleanser. About 15 mins. later follow with Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer

Evening: I use the burt's bee's once again and then apply duac gel. which by the way I DO keep in the fridge.

So it's been about 3, 3 1/2 weeks... and I haven't seen much improvement, didn't expect to.. but the one thing that really is bothering me is I have never had any zits on my nose. ever. just blackheads which I've started to maintain and since about a month or two ago I hardly had any. So about a week ago, I woke up and had, maybe 7 new zits all over my nose. I was amazed considering in my 2 years of acne, never has it been on my nose. and never so many so abruptly. So I've been hoping it'll clear up, but it seems everytime I get one under control three more pop up. As of right now I have about 30 small bumps on my nose. some red and inflamed, some not. I'm just wondering, should I stick with duac? is this just par for the course, because I have never had this reaction to duac in the past... or should I immediately stop using it.

Another thing to clear up is for some reason, duac, unlike other BP solutions I've used, is really easy and non-irritating on my skin.

Thanks to anyone who can answer this :D

:doh:

[/quote

I have used duac for almost 2 years and quit using it 4 months ago. It was amazing for pretty much all the 2 years. However I only suffered from mild acne. However it only worked well for me when I used alot of it (atleast twice a day). I also realised it made me more oilier over time but I jsut combatted that by using more and more of it which still worked fine (my doc was really cool and prescribed me so much for the same price).

The reason I stopped using it was because I started a few months back getting worse acne (still mild but the deeper kind). This is where duac failed on me, I didn't know what was happening and I kept applying more and more and it had little effect so I gave it up completely. I had no defence and my acne got worse and worse for the few months. Then I experienced hyperpigmentation for this first time in my acne career. I got frustrated and did tons of reasearch.

Now I use Retin A which I have been on for 3 weeks. The second week was not good and led to what I believe was my IB. 5 days ago I started vit B5 with the Retin A and my oil has subsided and so far so good no new acne. Most of the previous pimples healing and skin getting smooth slowly. Hopefully in a few more weeks things will get better further and my marks vanish.

All in all I do recommend duac for mild acne and mainly the surface type of pimples. It works wonders on this no doubt and works better than just BP alone as it also contains clindimycin. But from my experience do apply generous amounts as it works so much better. I know people say apply thin amounts but from personal experience over years it doesnt work too well this way. My skin was oily so never got irritated from applying too much. Good luck!

Are you applying Duac all over your face? I was told to just spot-treat with it when I was on it, and that seemed to work fine. You might be irritating pimple-free skin by putting the treatment on it. You should 'spot test' areas to see if it's actually working for you - if existing acne gets bigger/irritating, chances are it isn't.