Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
battousai

Broccoli???

I have read that broccoli reduces iodine aborbtion but then i hear broccoli has allot of iodine is broccoli bad or good. Cause the past couple of days ive been eating high iodine foods seaweed wraps from the sushi so i heard broccoli reduces the absorbtion of iodine soo will ne good happen if i eat broccoli b4 or after high iodized foods heres my source http://www.dietobio.com/aliments/en/broccoli.html

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/b...mal_growth?open

Funny you mentioned broccoli in a skin-care context... Sorry, I know nothing about this iodine thing, but my experience with broccoli might help some of the people posting here... I was 24 years old, with blotchy, irritated, pimpled, oily, over-sensitive skin (a nightmare). Loads of red-marks and pimples, especially on jawline and front. And then, as I was in UK, in a great country-side campus with that wonderful rainy cold English weather (I'm not being ironic, it is great for the skin), I got mildly ill, just enough to lose my gourmet appetite. So I ate for a week just steamed broccoli with a little no-fat cottage cheese, and just drank water. The skin miraculously improved: not only have the pimples dried out in about two days, but the marks, which had been lingering about for more than a year, just vanished, virtually overnight! For the first time in ten years, I was going out without a trace of makeup on my face. The redness, the irritability, the dry spots, the eczema - all gone! The change was indeed bordering the divine intervention (people were asking me in awe what have I been doing). Well, it was of course the clean air (I live in polluted Paris now, and my irritations and over-sensitivity are back), the great humid climate (all English people had amazingly healthy, no-pores, rosy skin - the English rose, they called it!), the general detox regimen (which of course I gave up for that Camembert and Bordeaux wine) - but I m sure the broccoli had a huge role in it, too. The results were just too quick not to suspect a connection.

So what is your skin condition? And how does broccoli - or other iodine-rich food - affect it?

iodine has a really bad effect on me everytime i eat high iodine foods i break out the next day. I have mild acne in the winter i break out liek crazy and in the summer im clear as can be but ive juss heard that broccoli reduces ur iodine absorbtion and i was juss wondering if its good to eat allot of it if iodine is ur problem if ne ones knows ne info on this please let me know. and yes as in himura hitokiri battousai

Hi,

Brocolli REALLY REALLY helps my skin big style. I see it as part of my regular care, steamed brocolli once a day.

If I get lazy and start troughing shit then sure enough zits are back. If I eat B regularly I have a completely clear skin.

Might have already been covered but dodge cheese like the plague. Really doesn't help

Another thread arises from its watery grave.... :ghost:

Moving this back-from-the-dead-thread to the appropriate forum...

Guest Bloody Corpse Deamonn duh

well wow all this broccoli iodine confusion thing >.>

anywayz can someone tell plz:

which is better to eat daily raw or boiled/steamed broccoli?

or both? but if both then which more tho?

how do people find these old threads? And why doesn't the search engine ever find them the good ones?

The goitrogenic affects of broccoli and the other members of the brassica family are supposed to be minimal and is reduced with cooking. Only worry about if it you have a thyroid (or unlikely, a goiter) issue.

And there are many ways that those foods help acne. They should be part of you diet. They are superfoods, loaded with nutrients. And here's one of the ways they specifically help with acne and other hormone issues: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=2574124

Many people have gotten results from taking broccoli pill supplements. And then there's all the people getting results from the green smoothies.

Edited by alternativista