Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ugk

Regimen Users: How Do You Eliminate Shininess Without Breaking Out?

I'm a dedicated regimen user and have been for years. I use a lot of BP and to get rid of flakes, use a lot of dan's moisturizer.

However, When I go out at night, my skin becomes oily and sweaty with blotched skin tones.

I've tried Jojoba Oil, which is nice but made me break out.

I've tried AHA, which is nice but made me break out.

I don't really know what to do!!!

Anyone have some good tips for reducing oiliness/evening skin tone without making you break out?

Thank you so much in advance!!! I appreciate it.

Maybe you could try using the clean & clear oil absorbing sheets. You can buy them anywhere and they are so compact you can put them in your purse and just blot you face when it starts to look oily.

hey all, been searching and still no luck. been using the oil absorbing sheets occaisonaly, but they are a hassle and i usually flake up when i rub them on my face.

any advice is SOOOO APPRECIATED!!!! thanks.

Use facial tissue. The ones that come in packets. It'll absorb excess oil. I can't live w/o them!

hey all, been searching and still no luck. been using the oil absorbing sheets occaisonaly, but they are a hassle and i usually flake up when i rub them on my face.

any advice is SOOOO APPRECIATED!!!! thanks.

Do you exfoliate regularly to get rid of the flakes? :) There are oodles of different methods, just do a search here and you should find one to suit you. I use a baby brush to gently remove dry skin.

As for oiliness, I just use facial tissues. The trick is not to rub. :P Just blot gently. It'll absorb excess oil without the extra, hm... rigor. :P Rubbing will make your face go red. At least, it does for me.