Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
malia

allergic reaction to aloe vera possible?

has anyone had stinging or burning after applying aloe vera? i am using it straight from the plants and it stung where my skin was kind of raw. hopefully i won't wake up with a balloon face tomorrow morning. 8-[

Yeah i found that when i apply it before i go to bed that it stings slightly just after it is fully absorbed but this subsides pretty quicky.

I fucked up and used it as a moisturiser for about a week and it dried my skin out heaps so makes sure you use a moisturiser after it.

but it says it can also be use as a daily moisturizer, so intead of oil of olay i just use it and my face doesnt get dry unless i use too much BP

I don't know about anyone else, but Aloe Vera 100% gel by Fruit of the Earth burned me intensely after applying over a layer of BP to my face.

It subsided after about 15 minutes.

well i didnt wake up this morning with a swollen face. thank goodness. it reduced the redness of the entire area a bit and the red marks are flatter.

has anyone had the misfortune of accidentally tasting it? i got some of that stuff on the corner of my lip and was spitting out for the next half hour. that is bitter stuff!

My derm recommended just plain ol' aloe that he sells...so i bought some. It makes my face warm and red so i only put it on @ night but I don't peel as much the next day. Aloe is good @ night but sux during the day, shine control mosturizer 4 me.

I'm using Burt's Bees Wild Lettuce complexion soap for dry and sensitive skin which is 96% natural and has wild lettuce and aloe vera. The packaging doesn't say what percentage of aloe it is. I use it before Dan's Regime that I started 2 weeks ago and it doesn't burn and seems to calm my skin down from the day's layer of BP before putting on my next layer of BP.

After the cetaphil wash and a 15 minute wait the flakiness appears so I use a moisturizing toner with cotton balls to ease off the new flakes without irritating my skin but do this with a gentle hand. I ran out of Burt's rosewater and glycerin toner which has aloe but I found Nivea Visage Alcohol Free Moisturizing Toner with Chamomile and Aloe at CVS. It's cheaper and works the same way.

I wait for it to dry and then apply the BP. It feels so good!