Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ive tried the needle thing 2, DO NOT DO THIS.

I had a huge cyst in my croch area and i decided to try and pop it with a sterilized needle...

i couldent get anything out so i left it alone and of course it got infected.

I had a nice few weeks of pain,then the day i managed to pop the thing was horrible, loads of pus and blood and a huge scar to remember it by.

have any of you guys thought about popping a cyst with a pair of pliors??

DON'T USE PEROXIDE. I got a nasty scar from using it. I use, believe it or not , jessners peel with a q-tip. It stings and kills the bacteria most of the time. I don't think I've gotten a scar from it but I have one healing and it looks like a tiny ding but is still peeling.

I think it is better to use a sterilized needle than to just go at it since the prick is isolated to one little prick and has a better chance of completely healing.

I usually use a sterilized sewing needle and gently prick the side of it but never squeeze it. Just let it drain out on it's own. Now this is to the point where it's so filled with pus that you think it might burst on its own. I don't know what else to do with it...I'm so afraid it will burst at an inopportune time, you know? UGH...

hey guys can anyone help me?? i was wondering if anyone has had any success using aqua glycolic products. i've heard good things about them being able to help acne. has anyone ever tried them??

Thanks..

Just a few weeks ago I drained two large sebaceous cysts with a sewing needle. It worked out beautifully. All the rubbing alcohol I used dried my skin out a bit, but after that flaked away in about 24 hours you never would have known they were there. If done intelligently, I don't see anything wrong with draining a cyst on your own.

My advice is to use several different antiseptics and be completely paranoid about keeping everything as sterile as possible. Also, make sure you use a needle thick enough to allow the crap to drain out. And be patient about squeezing the crap out. It actually took me a few hours. Be persistent, not rough. Use your thumbs to generate the most pressure. I slept with the drained cysts covered in neosporin and a band-aid for about a week afterward.

I know they'll probably recur, but so far so good.

Just a few weeks ago I drained two large sebaceous cysts with a sewing needle. It worked out beautifully. All the rubbing alcohol I used dried my skin out a bit, but after that flaked away in about 24 hours you never would have known they were there. If done intelligently, I don't see anything wrong with draining a cyst on your own.

My advice is to use several different antiseptics and be completely paranoid about keeping everything as sterile as possible. Also, make sure you use a needle thick enough to allow the crap to drain out. And be patient about squeezing the crap out. It actually took me a few hours. Be persistent, not rough. Use your thumbs to generate the most pressure. I slept with the drained cysts covered in neosporin and a band-aid for about a week afterward.

I know they'll probably recur, but so far so good.

DON'T USE PEROXIDE. I got a nasty scar from using it. I use, believe it or not , jessners peel with a q-tip. It stings and kills the bacteria most of the time. I don't think I've gotten a scar from it but I have one healing and it looks like a tiny ding but is still peeling.

I think it is better to use a sterilized needle than to just go at it since the prick is isolated to one little prick and has a better chance of completely healing.

I think after reading people's positive pricking experiences on this thread then others may be tempted to follow suit and try to drain their own cysts, but I'm proof that it doesn't always work and it can go seriously wrong. Better safe than sorry I say; leave well alone!

If people are tempted to prick, they should watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CaCSPhXZwU

I was rash in the past but that video keeps my hands (and other sharp tools) off my face.

I've done it, and it's worked very well for me. The stuff comes out easier so that the walls of the pore can begin healing.

Oh, PLEASE, don't use hydrogen peroxide. It's very caustic to delicate skin tissue.

The only thing that I ever use hydrogen peroxide on is an abrasion that has debris in it (like road rash) and always at 50% dilution, never more than once and followed by lots and lots of normal saline to rinse.

why is hydrogen peroxide bad? i use it all the time to sterilize my popped pimple. does it kill my skin or something? cuz im fine after using it for years

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEEEEASE DO NOT DO THIS....

I'm a nurse - a few years ago I took care of a 19 yr old male who had popped a pimple with a needle. The site became infected and he ended up admitted to the hospital to have a penrose drain put into his face and receive IV antibiotics.

I had to clean the site & change the dressing & was "lucky" enough to be on the unit when the doctor who placed the drain made rounds one day - he asked if I would like to see his "handy work" and then invited me in to watch him remove part of the drain.

It was NASTY and I can only imagine how it felt for that kid having that drain in his face.

NEVER NEVER NEVVVVVVVVVVVVVER POP A PIMPLE WITH A NEEDLE! NEVER!

I have done that like 5 times. But I hope I will not have a do it anymore because I have not gotten a cyst that big for a long time YOU MUST CLEAN THE NEEDLE

Right before Christmas I had a large out break and I was crying my eyes out!

I call my derm because she could always get me in at the last minute and go figure,

this time she had no openings. I was so mad. So I called every doctor in the phone book

under my insurance plan. I was hopeless. Then a receptionist at this clinic said she could

get me in. I was thrilled. I went to the clinic and she had said he is not a derm. he is

a regular doctor. I thought wtf? Are you kidding? This was a waste of time.

I met him and I tried to explain my whole history and he did not care...he looked at my face.

Then he said I know how to get rid of it don't worry. I thought....whatever...

He first swiped with with liquid nitrogen.

Then he shot me with novacaine on the painful cycsts.

Then shot me with antibiotics....not cortisone

Then he said to stay with the oral antibiotics for a few weeks and stop them.

Then he px a lotion called RA lotion W/ 1/2% HC

Guess what? They all went away.

Dont get me wrong yes there are scars but they will fade...not even a lump though....the key is the

lotion.

DO NOT POP A PIMPLE THAT HASNT COME TO A HEAD WITH A NEEDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DID THIS AND WAS LEFT WITH TWO INDENTED LINES, I MEAN THEY LOOK LIKE SUTURE SCARS. AND A SEBOUEUS CYST!!!!!!!!! DO NOT DO THIS EVER, DOING THIS HAD RUINED MY NOSE. I MEAN SERIOUSLY DISFIGURED MY NOSE . BAD BAD BAD

Edited by demona

I do this when ever I get a cyst, which is thankfully not very often. In the past I would leave them to go away on there own, but I was usually left with a scar (and had to suffer the embarrassment of having a huge lump on my face for weeks). Now when I get a cyst, I wait about a week (to see if it will go on its own), than I take a clean fine needle and pierce the cyst. I then apply pressure to drain it, followed by cleaning the area with an antiseptic and antibiotic topical lotion.

So far I don’t have any scars from doing this. I do however have scars from cysts I left alone for weeks. I think the presence of inflamed tissue for such a long period of time scarred the skin. Treating it right away stopped this….well for me.

*And as for getting a cortisone shot, well that’s not possible in my country. :rolleyes:

Guest Half'n'Half
i have done this also! its too tempting. you just want to drain it out of your face! even when you think that you've done it in the best way possible it always goes badly!

i did this to a cyst on my cheek and it ended up weeping and turning into this massive black scary scab monster :evil: which then spread to other spots!!! argh i cried lots. my advice would be never tamper on your own. It doesnt work!!! now i have a scar there too :(

I can second that. My husband (then boyfriend) saw a cyst on my chin, and decided to pop it. I tried to warn him, but he wouldn't listen. I have a pretty small chin. He started squeezing the mess out of this thing and before long, he was saying, "This thing takes up your whole chin!" :doh: Way to make me feel better as you destroy my face, lol. Anyway, he finally finished, and there was a dime-sized red spot on my chin which turned to a purple scab by the next day. Let's face it, even concealer has its limits. It finally healed, but I can still see a sort of whitish scar from it. Now, if I tell him I have a cyst, he knows it's hands off! ;)